You don’t need to have a large garden space to grow fresh herbs. Modular pocket planters are an easy way to design your own ornamental or edible living wall by planting up instead of out.
Indoor Hanging Herb Garden
By Robin Plaskoff Horton
- Ideal for embellishing craft projects like handmade cards or home décor pieces with paint, ink or markers, or for applying gesso, modeling paste and other craft mediums
- Matching designs in multiple sizes make it easy to create coordinated home décor pieces for a unified aesthetic
- Transparent stencil lets you see where you are applying the design for mistake-free results
- Stencils store flat to save space
- Stencils will not yellow with age
- Lifetime warranty
- Feather Drops Decorative Stencil Set
- Ideal for digging when planting, taking up plants, turning earth and more
- Extra-large handle with Softgrip® provides exceptional grip and comfort
- Extra-large polished cast-aluminum head with sharp edge moves more soil faster, resists rust and cuts through tough turf
- Durable design won’t break
- Handle hang hole provides easy storage
- Full lifetime warranty
- Big Grip Trowel (400S)
- Ideal for deadheading, trimming, shaping and other quick snips on small plants
- Awarded the Arthritis Foundation’s Ease of UseSM Commendation for a design that’s ideal for people with arthritis or limited hand strength
- Easy Action™ spring-action design gently opens blades after each cut to help reduce hand fatigue
- Fully hardened, precision-ground stainless steel blades stay sharp, even through heavy use
- Softgrip® touchpoints enhance comfort and control
- Easy-open lock protects the blades during transport and storage
- Included blade cover protects the blades when not in use
- Length: approximately 6"
- Full lifetime warranty
- Softgrip® Micro-Tip® Pruning Snip
- PowerGear® patented gear technology multiplies leverage to give you up to 3X more power on every cut
- Powers through tough stems and branches that traditional pruners can’t
- Patent-pending design with modified gears and cam mechanism optimizes your cutting power in the middle of the cut where the branch is thickest and you need it most
- Makes cutting dramatically easier than it is with other tools
- Fully hardened steel blade stays sharp, even through heavy use
- Low-friction coating helps the blade glide through wood, prevents the blade from gumming up with sap and debris and helps the blade resist rust
- Rugged DuraFrame® construction provides superior strength and reduced weight
- Contoured, rolling handle fits the shape and natural motion of your hand for comfortable use and reduced hand fatigue
- Easy-open lock protects the blade during transport and storage
- Bypass blade style
- Maximum cutting capacity: 3/4" dia.
- Lifetime warranty
- PowerGear2™ Pruner
Dig in tough soil with a tool that’s as durable as it is comfortable.
Awarded the Arthritis Foundation’s Ease of UseSM Commendation, our pruning snip makes quick, precise cuts virtually effortless.
Enhanced to maximize leverage where you need it most, so you can power through stems and light branches up to 3/4" diameter with ease.
Four Pocket Vertical Wall Garden Planter
Fabric planters have breathable soft-sided pockets constructed of a strong durable felt fabric. You can even find planters that are made from eco-friendly, recycled-plastic water bottles. 10” x 5.5” gusseted pockets are just the right size for layering a fragrant mix of basil, chives, and dill. Planters with plastic backing will protect walls as long as you water plants responsibly. These planters are great for indoor herb gardening and with a little bit of personalization they look great in any home.
1. Personalize your planter. Because your new planter will have a prominent place in your home, you may want to make the planter unique to you. Stencils are an easy way to dress up a fabric planter. Simply place the stencil on top of the fabric, and carefully paint on to the stencil and through to the fabric using the paint color of your choice.
2. Select your location. Hang your pocket planter in a location that gets the right amount of sunlight for your selected herbs or plants.
3. Hang your planter. Hanging is easy using either the reinforced hanging loops, or heavy duty grommets at the top. Make a small mark where the grommet holes will be placed on the wall. Drill holes in wall, then, slide fasteners into the holes. S hooks work well if you would like to attach the planter to a fence. You can also hang them on rods using the attached loops.
4. Plant the pockets. Use the Big Grip Hand Trowel to scoop up potting soil and place neatly into the pockets. The oversized scoop with help you get the planting mix in to the pockets quickly and easily.
5. Care for your Herbs. After you have planted your herbs, you will need to care for your new plants. The Softtouch® Micro-Tip® Pruning Snips are perfect for snipping the herbs as needed to add to your favorite dishes or cocktails. If you choose to plant larger plants or vegetables, the Powergear2™ pruner is a great choice for pruning larger stems.