Reel mowers are a great option for maintaining your yard. These tips will help you keep a greener, healthier lawn all season long.
Backyard Oasis: Lawn Mowing Tips
By Chris Lambton
- Ideal for eco-friendly cutting of all grass types, even tough southern varieties like St. Augustine, Zoysia, Bahia and Bermuda
- Advanced design is 60% easier to push than other reel mowers
- InertiaDrive™ reel delivers twice the cutting power to glide through tough spots that would jam other reel mowers
- StaySharp™ cutting system cuts without unwanted contact, greatly reducing wear for long-lasting performance without costly annual blade sharpening
- VersaCut™ technology offers cut height settings from 1"-4", plus one-touch height adjustment
- Inset wheels allow the blades to extend across the mower’s full width, eliminating uncut strips and edges near foundations and fences
- Reversible grass chute can direct clippings forward, away from your feet, or backward and downward, making it easier to mow tough patches while limiting messiness
- 18" cut width
- Limited 3-year warranty
- StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower
Eco-friendly lawn mowing is easier than ever with an advanced reel mower that’s 60% easier to push than standard reel mowers.
1. When using your StaySharp™ Max Reel mower, you will want to adjust the height of the mower handle so that it is comfortable for you. Simply remove the cotter pins and move the bracket into the position that feels the most most natural. There are four different positions, and the handle will float up and down with you as you maneuver around your lawn.
2. Mow a test patch of grass to determine what you want your cut height to be.
3. Adjust your blade to the proper height for your grass condition. If your grass has gotten a little long, you may need to cut it higher first. This mower has one touch height adjustment that can go from 1-4”, which is perfect for any lawn type. This is important as the ideal height of your lawn will change with the season. You should mow it shorter in the spring and fall and keep it longer in the summer so it won’t dry out as quickly.
4. Mow your yard even up to the edges of your landscaping. The wheels are inset so that you can get close to fences, pavers or other landscape elements.
Another one of my favorite benefits from using this mower is the exercise. You get a nice walk in while making your yard look beautiful, and you won’t have to work too hard because even in the toughest grasses, it is 60% easier than other reel mowers. The inertia reel drive gives you twice the cutting power, so it will glide through tough spots that other mowers would get bogged down in.
Now you are ready to enjoy your beautiful lawn.