When your last annuals and perennials have passed, use them to create winter porch decorations that make your front or back porch inviting and full of holiday spirit.
Winter Front Porch Ideas & Decorations
By Chris Lambton
- PowerGear® patented gear technology multiplies leverage to give you up to 3X more power on every cut
- Powers through tough stems and branches that traditional pruners can’t
- Patent-pending design with modified gears and cam mechanism optimizes your cutting power in the middle of the cut where the branch is thickest and you need it most
- Makes cutting dramatically easier than it is with other tools
- Fully hardened steel blade stays sharp, even through heavy use
- Low-friction coating helps the blade glide through wood, prevents the blade from gumming up with sap and debris and helps the blade resist rust
- Rugged DuraFrame® construction provides superior strength and reduced weight
- Contoured, rolling handle fits the shape and natural motion of your hand for comfortable use and reduced hand fatigue
- Easy-open lock protects the blade during transport and storage
- Bypass blade style
- Maximum cutting capacity: 3/4" dia.
- Lifetime warranty
- PowerGear2™ Pruner
- Ideal for snipping stems, slicing open burlap bags, sawing rope, cutting wire and a variety of other garden tasks
- Sharp, precision-ground blade edges offer clean cuts
- Stainless-steel blades stay sharp longer and resist rust
- DuraFrame™ handle provides excellent durability
- Nonslip Softgrip® handle improves grip and reduces hand fatigue for comfortable extended use
- Safety lock keeps blades closed for safe storage and transportation
- Bonus sheath includes belt clip for easy access and portability
- Symmetrical design offers easy right- or left-handed use
- Lifetime warranty
- Garden Multi-Snip with Sheath
Enhanced to maximize leverage where you need it most, so you can power through stems and light branches up to 3/4" diameter with ease.
Look for this at your local retailer
Snip, slice, saw and cut with our handy and durable garden multi-tool.
One of the problems people tell me they have is maintaining curb appeal during the winter months. I have some ideas on how to make the front or back porch inviting and full of color all year long!
Evergreen Filled Pots
1. First take a walk around the yard in search of nice evergreens. In my yard I found cypress, white pines and cedars.
2. Cut smaller branches off using your PowerGear2™ pruners. These pruners give you 3X times the power with every cut, so the limbs of a white pine don’t stand a chance. The low friction coating will not get all sapped up from the pine and cypress branches, and the contoured handle will help reduce hand fatigue while cutting.
3. Now that you have a pile of evergreen branches, fill the pots with an assortment. Finish it off with some pine cones, fake apples or holiday ornaments. I topped off one planter with a candle for a pop of white.
Decorating Your Banister
1. Tie pieces of cypress together with landscape wire to create a 6-8 foot long piece. The wire can be tough to cut, but that’s why I always have my Garden Multi-snip by my side. It comes with a sheath that has a handy belt attachment, so I always have my snips on hand.
2. Once you have the length you need, just wrap it around a post or column to create a festive entrance to your home.
We have now created a beautiful entryway that will stay green throughout the winter. The benefit to using pots is that you can easily move them inside or out depending on your needs. Plus they are versatile enough that they can be used to decorate a front or rear entryway.
Click here for more timeless tips for your new home.