The holidays are a perfect time to get children involved in not only making ornaments, but making gifts too.
Easy Handmade Ornaments for Kids
By Emma Jeffery
- Ideal for cutting tight patterns and intricate details on a wide range of fabrics, cutting at awkward angles or in tight spaces or making quick thread snips
- Micro-Tip® blades provide superior cutting precision
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Double-loop handle accommodates right- and left-handed users
- Length: 4.9"
- Lifetime warranty
- Micro-Tip Scissors (No. 5)
- Ideal for creating unique stamped crafts that tell a story of a special moment or capture a sentiment in a way only Teresa Collins’ designs can
- Innovative clear design lets you see where you’re stamping for perfectly placed embellishments without any wasted crafting materials
- Can be arranged and rearranged on stamp blocks in virtually limitless creative combinations
- Lasting stickiness means you can apply them and remove them from stamp blocks again and again
- Durable stamps provide crisply stamped images every time and won’t yellow with age
- Stamps lay flat on their storage sheet to help save space
- For best results, use with our Stamp Block Set or Easy Stamp Press
- Teresa Collins Twas the Night Before Clear Stamps (8" x 8")
Choose Micro-Tip® blades for unmatched cutting precision.
Look for this at your local retailer
Choose designs by craft celebrity Teresa Collins to capture the moments that matter in life.
Wooden cocktail sticks
Small length of ribbon
1. Start with a set of 6 styrofoam balls. Cut strips of white tissue paper.
2. Using an egg cup to help balance the styrofoam ball, mix some white glue with a small amount of water and paint on the tissue paper with the white glue mixture. Build up several layers of tissue paper, with a generous spreading of glue.
3. Leave the glue to fully dry for a couple of hours. Inserting a wooden cocktail stick through the styrofoam to create a useful handle for stamping or painting.
4. We left the painted ornaments to dry by inserting a second wooden cocktail stick and balancing them over some large cups.
5. Once the paint is dry, put some finishing touches on the ornaments. Using Teresa Collins Christmas Simple Stick or Twas the Night Before stamp sets for sweet sentiments, as well as more paint and metallic markers.
6. To hang the ornaments, fold over a loop of decorative ribbon and attached it by inserting a pin through the ribbon and into the styrofoam, securing it with a dash of glue from a glue gun.