There is no need to purchase new pencil cases for back-to-school. Repurpose baby wipe containers and let your kids create their own trendy and stylish pencil box.
Upcycled Pencil Boxes for Back to School
By DIY Inspired
- Ideal for kids ages four and up
- #1 teacher recommended brand
- Innovative safety-edge blades feature a safer blade angle to protect kids while still cutting all classroom materials
- Blunt-tip blades provide added safety
- Larger finger loop and an ergonomic thumb loop provide a natural, more comfortable fit for kids’ fingers
- Smooth, shiny pink handle was specifically requested by kids
- Antimicrobial handle protection inhibits the growth of bacterial odors and helps prevent product deterioration
- Accommodates right- and left-handed users
- Length: 5"
- Lifetime warranty
- Blunt-tip Kids Scissors (5")
- Ideal for adding embellishments to the corners of homemade cards, scrapbook pages, collages and much more
- Open head lets you see exactly where you are punching to eliminate mistakes
- Audible click lets you know when the design is locked into place
- Alignment guides help keep paper straight
- Easy-to-squeeze design makes it ideal for extended use
- Ergonomic handles provide comfort and control for mistake-free results
- For use with 65-lb. cardstock or lower
- Lifetime warranty
- 3-in-1 Corner Squeeze Punch (Well Rounded)
Recommended by teachers, trusted by moms and loved by kids!
Choose our 3-in-1 Corner Squeeze Punch for 3X the design possibilities.
Baby Wipe Containers
Foam Paint Brush
Mod Podge (or white glue)
Moms and kids of all ages are busy getting new school supplies for the new year. Why not upcycle some old supplies with some fresh ideas? Any container that fits a pencil will work for this project. In fact, travel baby wipe containers are the perfect size. Your kids can have an assortment of holders to organize their pens, pencils and colored pencils they will have for school.
1. With a ruler, measure the space on the containers that you want to cover.
2. With the Blunt-tip Kids Scissors, cut out the scrapbook paper to match the measurements. Parents love these scissors because of their safety-edge blade. And, kids love them because they are comfortable for their smaller hands and they come in trendy cool colors.
3. Use the 3-in-1 Corner Squeeze Punch to round the corners of the rectangle. This punch has 3 sizes to choose from in just one punch. Plus the squeeze design makes it easy to use for all users. Pick whichever rounded size you prefer for your container.
4. Apply adhesive to the paper and cover your containers.
That’s it! After you get the paper onto the box, your kids can add extra embellishments if they want. Stickers, rhinestones or washi tape would be perfect extras to create even more unique designs.
Thanks to DIY Inspired for this cute idea!
To find the perfect scissors for your child, visit our Kids Scissors Selection Guide.