Gifts for your kids’ teachers are a simple way to show appreciation for their hard work. The busy back to school time, Teacher Appreciation week, or the end of the year are all great times to give a little gift to your child’s teacher.
Decorative Journals for the New Teacher
By Smitha Katti
- Ideal for embellishing craft projects like handmade cards or home décor pieces with paint, ink or markers, or for applying gesso, modeling paste and other craft mediums
- Matching designs in multiple sizes make it easy to create coordinated home décor pieces for a unified aesthetic
- Transparent stencil lets you see where you are applying the design for mistake-free results
- Stencils store flat to save space
- Stencils will not yellow with age
- Lifetime warranty
- Roped Decorative Stencil Set
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of materials including denim, silk and multiple layers of fabric
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Ergonomic handle is sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing cutting control and sensitivity
- Bent handle design keeps material flat for mistake-free cutting
- Length: 8"
- Lifetime warranty
- The Original Orange-handled Scissors™ (8")
- Ideal for quickly creating tags perfect for gifts and other crafts, eliminating mistakes that waste materials and cause reworks
- Insert paper into the large slot and depress the lever for a cleanly punched-out tag shape
- Insert the punched-out tag into the small slot and depress the lever for a perfectly centered tag hole
- Slip the tag hole over the peg on the back of punch, drop in the eyelet and depress the handle to set the eyelet with no noisy hammering
- Includes a 20, 3/16" eyelets (also accommodates 5/32" eyelets)
- Tag size: 2" x 3"
- Punches heavier materials than standard punches, up to 80-lb. cardstock
- Lifetime warranty
- Simple Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter
Look for this at your local retailer
Known worldwide for quality and precision, our trusted Orange-handled Scissors have sold over 1 billion since 1967.
Our exclusive design punches a tag, punches a centered tag hole and even sets the eyelet without any noisy hammering.
Kids love to create and they love to create gifts for their teachers. Decorating a journal is a simple and practical project that allows a lot of room for personalization. With the Fiskars Tag Maker punches, and decorative stencils, you can decorate and package these journals in no time. Once you have your notebooks and fabric picked out, you just need a few extra tools from home.
Covering and Decorating the Journal
1. Place the small Roped Decorative Stencil on top of your fabric. Color in the stencil design using fabric markers.
2. Use a pencil to make a small mark in the + shape in each corner of the stencil. These indicators are here to help you position your stencil for continuous patterns. Pick up the stencil and reposition to repeat the pattern using the indicators to help you align.
3. Trim your fabric to the approximate size of the notebook cover with the Original Orange-Handled Scissors™. These scissors have a sharp blade that give you a clean cut, every time.
4. Cover the notebook with fabric glue, and adhere the fabric to the notebook.
5. Trim off the excess fabric around the edges.
Creating the Tag
1. Punch a tag using the Simple Tag Maker Punch. To create the hole at the top of the tag, insert the punched tag into the small slot of the punch and punch again.
2. Adhere stickers onto the tag for a greeting, or write a message in your own handwriting.
3. Tie the notebooks together using yarn, and place the tag on top to finish off the gift.
A little token of your appreciation really goes a long way with teachers. Consider making a journal for yourself as well. With so many fabric and paper patterns to choose from, you can have the perfectly designed journal!
To find the perfect scissors for your child, visit our Kids Scissors Selection Guide.