Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
This hardworking canvas bag gets a facelift in the form of a brightly colored quilted front. I've sized this to make a book bag for a small child - pair it with a favorite book and you've got a perfect gift for a little one. You could also easily increase the dimensions if you'd like a larger bag.
1. Gather a variety of small scraps of fabric in coordinating colors.
2. Start by using your Comfort Grip Rotary Trimmer to cut out the central panel for your quilt square. Mine measures 4.5x4in.
3. Use your Rotary Trimmer and Acrylic ruler to trim your fabric into strips measuring 1in, 1.5in and 2in wide.
4. You'll be assembling the strips based on a log cabin pattern. Start on one side of your central panel, attach a strip of fabric. Work around the square, trimming the excess from each strip. I've stitched some shorter strips together before adding them to the square for variety.
5. Using your Basic Alpha Stamps and a block from your Stamp Block set, stamp the words " my books" on one of the strips of fabric.
6. Apply iron on interfacing to a small scrap of fabric. Print out a monogram letter and use it as a guide to cut your fabric using your Comfort Grip MicroTip Scissors.
7. Iron the monogram to the center panel of your quilt square.
8. Once your quilt square is finished, add strips of the unbleached canvas to make the panel 13x12in.
9. Use your Comfort Grip Trimmer to trim a piece of flannel to 13x12in.
10. Pin your quilt square to the flannel. Stitch around the monogram, and then stitch a border around each square.
11. Use your Comfort Grip Trimmer to trim a second piece of unbleached canvas to 13x12in.
12. Fold the top edge of each piece over 1/2in and stitch into place.
13. Lay your quilted bag front and the plain bag back right sides together and stitch around three sides.
14. Square the bottom of your bag.
15. Cut a piece of fabric that measures 4inx32in. Fold in half, right sides in, and stitch along the open side.
16. Flip the fabric right side out and press flat. Stitch several rows down the length of the fabric.
17. Attach one end of the strip to the side of your bag. I attached the second side of the strap with 6in hanging inside of the bag, so I can adjust it as my son grows
Unbleached cotton canvas (1/2 yard)
Cream flannel (13inx12in)
Various small pieces of coordinating fabric
Small piece of iron-on interfacing