Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
1. Use your 6” Amplify® Mixed Media Shears to remove the plastic straps from a pair of flip flops.
2. Rip three fabric strips for each sandal measuring approx 1.5” x 35”. Ripping the fabric instead of cutting produces a casual, frayed-edge. Tie the 3 lengths of fabric together with a knot at one end. I added some leather cording to the 3 strips of fabric, for added interest.
3. Thread the fabric and leather cord through the hole at the toe end of the flip flops. You may find it helpful to use a pair of tweezers to ease the fabric through.
4. Cut two lengths of thick leather cord using your Amplify® Shears measuring approx 6”.
Double them over and thread the two ends through the remaining holes in the flip flops. Tie together tightly on the underside of the shoe, creating a loop on the topside.
5. Braid 2” of the fabric together.
6. Thread the ends of the fabric through the leather loops you just created.
7. Use a low heat glue gun (you don’t want to melt the flip flops!) to secure the fabric knot and leather cording in place on the underside of the shoe.