August in the garden can be challenging for both gardeners and plants. Read more »
Extreme heat merits triage treatments Read more »
With a new school year on the horizon, it is time to refocus on our fall wardrobe. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
A new school year calls for a new set of accessories. Read more »
With school coming up, it is time to start planning and organizing. Read more »
1. Use your 6” Amplify® Mixed Media Shears to remove the plastic straps from a pair of flip flops.
2. Rip three fabric strips for each sandal measuring approx 1.5” x 35”. Ripping the fabric instead of cutting produces a casual, frayed-edge. Tie the 3 lengths of fabric together with a knot at one end. I added some leather cording to the 3 strips of fabric, for added interest.
3. Thread the fabric and leather cord through the hole at the toe end of the flip flops. You may find it helpful to use a pair of tweezers to ease the fabric through.
4. Cut two lengths of thick leather cord using your Amplify® Shears measuring approx 6”.
Double them over and thread the two ends through the remaining holes in the flip flops. Tie together tightly on the underside of the shoe, creating a loop on the topside.
5. Braid 2” of the fabric together.
6. Thread the ends of the fabric through the leather loops you just created.
7. Use a low heat glue gun (you don’t want to melt the flip flops!) to secure the fabric knot and leather cording in place on the underside of the shoe.