Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
When your kids need a break from playing in the hot sun this summer, hand them a good book and let them get comfortable under a shady tree on this soft, kid-sized outdoor floor cushion. Consider making larger sizes for casual grown-up seating or using outdoor fabrics to prevent weathering.
1. I cut the fabric to fit my foam insert which measures 15 x 17 x 4 inches and I am allowing 1 inch for seam allowances. Please adjust measurements to fit your foam insert remembering to add 1 inch.
You will need to cut:
2. Pin piping onto the edge of the right side of both your large fabric pieces matching raw edges and easing around the corners. Where the two ends of the piping meet, open up stitching at one end and snip away a piece of the cord to meet the cord at the other end. Fold over the outside fabric edge of the piping to neaten. Sew piping onto the fabric pieces using a zipper foot to get close to the cord.
3. Sew the short ends of your side fabric pieces together to form a loop. Allow ½ seam allowance. Press seams open.
4. Make the handles by folding all raw edges of the 8 x 4 inch pieces ½ inch towards the center then fold in half lengthwise. Check that all raw edges are concealed and stitch. Pin handle pieces at the center of two opposite side pieces and sew securely.
5. Pin the side piece onto the top of one of your large fabric pieces all the way around with right sides together. Raw edges must match. Sew with the main fabric piece on top so you can follow the stitching from where you attached the piping. Get as close to this line of stitching as possible.
6. Repeat with the second main fabric piece but leave one side open so that you can insert your foam.
7. Turn your cushion cover to the right way and insert your piece of foam.
8. Fold in your unfinished edge, pin, hand stitch the opening closed and you are done!
½ yard print heavy weight cotton canvas or outdoor fabric
½ yard solid heavy weight cotton canvas
5 yards of ½ inch piping
Foam insert (mine measured 15 x 17 x 4 inches)