Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
When your kids need a break from playing in the hot sun this summer, hand them a good book and let them get comfortable under a shady tree on this soft, kid-sized outdoor floor cushion. Consider making larger sizes for casual grown-up seating or using outdoor fabrics to prevent weathering.
1. I cut the fabric to fit my foam insert which measures 15 x 17 x 4 inches and I am allowing 1 inch for seam allowances. Please adjust measurements to fit your foam insert remembering to add 1 inch.
You will need to cut:
2. Pin piping onto the edge of the right side of both your large fabric pieces matching raw edges and easing around the corners. Where the two ends of the piping meet, open up stitching at one end and snip away a piece of the cord to meet the cord at the other end. Fold over the outside fabric edge of the piping to neaten. Sew piping onto the fabric pieces using a zipper foot to get close to the cord.
3. Sew the short ends of your side fabric pieces together to form a loop. Allow ½ seam allowance. Press seams open.
4. Make the handles by folding all raw edges of the 8 x 4 inch pieces ½ inch towards the center then fold in half lengthwise. Check that all raw edges are concealed and stitch. Pin handle pieces at the center of two opposite side pieces and sew securely.
5. Pin the side piece onto the top of one of your large fabric pieces all the way around with right sides together. Raw edges must match. Sew with the main fabric piece on top so you can follow the stitching from where you attached the piping. Get as close to this line of stitching as possible.
6. Repeat with the second main fabric piece but leave one side open so that you can insert your foam.
7. Turn your cushion cover to the right way and insert your piece of foam.
8. Fold in your unfinished edge, pin, hand stitch the opening closed and you are done!
½ yard print heavy weight cotton canvas or outdoor fabric
½ yard solid heavy weight cotton canvas
5 yards of ½ inch piping
Foam insert (mine measured 15 x 17 x 4 inches)