August in the garden can be challenging for both gardeners and plants. Read more »
Extreme heat merits triage treatments Read more »
With a new school year on the horizon, it is time to refocus on our fall wardrobe. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
A new school year calls for a new set of accessories. Read more »
With school coming up, it is time to start planning and organizing. Read more »
Single photo layouts are a great way to focus on an image that holds a lot of meaning for you. I snapped this photo the summer before my daughter left for university. I wanted to create a simple layout that highlighted this transition – watching her bloom into a young woman.
1. Start with a 12x12 base of neutral cardstock.
2. Trim a strip of patterned paper approximately 2 inches wide. Border punch both edges. Adhere to base.
3. I used the Fuse Creativity System™ to create this floral border. Add brads to widget, and adhere over patterned paper using foam adhesive.
4. Create a mat for your title by trimming a piece of cardstock & border punching the upper edge. Adhere to layout & add title.
5. Adhere photo.
6. Create flower embellishments with punched shapes and brads. Adhere to layout, allowing flowers to overlap photo.
7. Don’t forget to add a date to the back of your layout!