Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
The Ethereal Dress pattern by Figgy’s Patterns is a beautiful and versatile party dress. I created mine in blue denim and added red and white trim for an all-American festive feel.
1. Using your Fiskars® Dressmaker scissors, cut out pattern pieces and pin to fabric following the suggested layout in the pattern directions.
2. Create the button loop and construct the lined bodice with frill according to pattern directions.
3. Make large gathering stitches in the skirt fabric pieces and pin to the front and back of the bodice.
4. Sew the skirt to the bodice, making sure the gathers are evenly distributed.
5. Complete the hem of the skirt by machine stitching a machine rolled hem for a professional looking finish.
6. Using your Fiskars 2x14 acrylic ruler and tailor’s chalk, draw 2 lines around the bottom of the skirt; one 2” from the bottom edge, the other 3” from the bottom edge.
7. Sew red and white bias tape to the skirt along the marked lines.
Fabric according to requirements