“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
With a few discarded mailing tubes, construction paper, and Fiskars Squeeze Punches you can craft these characters in under 20 minutes.
Fiskars Squeeze Punches are by far my favorite tools! See how easy it is to create this trio of Easter cards using just regular and scalloped circles. Layering, cutting and arranging these basic shapes is all you need to do to paper piece these sweet spring animals.
1. Cut 3 – 3 inch squares from pastel pattern paper for the foundation of each animal. Next, Squeeze Punch Round ‘n Round and Seal of Approval shapes from coordinating pattern paper.* Bunny – 1 XL circle for head, and 2 large circles for the ears* Lamb – 1 XL scalloped circle and 1 large circle for head, 1 large scalloped circle for brow, 1 medium circle for ears and 1 Pop-Up Punched Circle for the nose* Chick – 1 XL circle for body, 1 large circle for head, 1 large scalloped circle for wings and 1 medium circle for bow
2. To create the Bunny’s ears, trim portions of the circle with the same circle punch by positioning the punch off center to make a leaf shape. Use adhesive foam to give the head dimension and position the ears off to the left in order to create the effect that it is looking up towards the butterfly punch added later. Also position a small triangle nose and eyes dotted with acrylic paint up and to the right on the face.
3. For the Lamb, layer the scalloped circle behind a circle adhered with adhesive foam. Cut a medium circle in half for the ears. Again use a circle squeeze punch to trim a portion of a whole punch, the scalloped circle. This will be the fur on the brow of the lamb. The nose is simply a small Pop-Up Punch circle cut down to a wedge shape. Place the eyes on the lower half of the face.
4. To make the Chick, layer body and wings. Again use adhesive foam to give dimension to the head. Use a small triangle for the beak and position the eyes on the lower half of the head at the outer corners of the beak. Create the bow in the same fashion as above by removing portions of the medium circle to make a bow shape.
5. Adhere the paper pieced squares to the center of 5 x 5 cards from white cardstock. Using Fiskars’ new Interchangeable Border Punches, punch several decorative strips and adhere just below each square.
6. Apply butterfly punch, flower stickers and button to center of bow to complete the cards.
My Mind’s Eye pattern paper
acrylic paint (blue and white)
flat end of a paint brush to use for dotting the eyes