Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Handmade holiday gift toppers can add a creative finished touch to your packages this season and dress up even the simplest wrapping paper. I used a few Fiskars tools to put these together in just minutes.
Pinwheel Bow Instructions:
1. For the larger pinwheel, trace and cut 6 pinwheel pieces from double sided pattern paper. Use the Lever Circles Corner Punch on the right angle.
2. Curve each piece and apply adhesive to tabs and press together.
3. Use the .125 Circle Hand Punch to punch a hole in the center of the tabs.
4. Use a large brad to join the pieces together like a pinwheel.
5. For the smaller pinwheel, cut a 3.5 inch square from pattern paper and cut the diagonal of each corner within .5 inch of the center.
6. Trim one side of each cut line with Scallop Paper Edgers.
7. Fold down the straight edge half of each corner and adhere to the center of the pinwheel.
8. Punch a small circle and adhere to the center of the smaller pinwheel.
9. Adhere the smaller pinwheel to the center of the larger and the Pinwheel Bow is ready to be added to your gift.
Instructions for the Streamer Bow:
1. Use the Rotary Trimmer with a Scallop Blade to cut 16 or more - .25 inch wide by 12 inch scalloped strips of double sided pattern paper.
2. Use the straight edge of a pair of scissors carefully or a flat edge ruler to curl the paper as you would a piece of ribbon.
3. Hand Punch a .125 inch hole at the end of each piece.
4. Attach all the curled strips together with a large brad.
5. Punch a small circle and adhere it to the center of the bow to cover the brad.
6. Arrange the curled streamers evenly and trim the top center pieces 1 - 2 inches to round it off and then attach it to your gift.
Instructions for the Christmas Berry Pick:
1. Cut a 5 inch square from pattern paper and run it through the Paper Crimper diagonally.
2. Accordion fold along every other crimped line across the paper.
3. Fold in half and wrap a piece of floral wire around the center to create a kind of floral pick.
4. Wrap the bottom of the paper fold and the wire in floral tape.
5. Add an artificial berry sprig and also wrap in floral tape.
6. Glue a piece of cinnamon stick to the center.
7. Tie a 6 inch piece of red ribbon around the pick and attach to your gift with adhesive.