Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
1. Using a stamp or stencil, add a gesso to a piece of cardstock; either wipe the gesso on the stamp as if it were ink, or paint the gesso over a stencil with a brush. Allow gesso to dry. Rub over the cardstock with Gelatos in a mix of colors and use a brush to blend the colors together with water.
2. Take one wet cotton ball and one dry cotton ball. Gently wipe over the gesso areas with the wet cotton ball to remove the gelato from the gesso. Pat with dry second cotton ball.
3. Allow to dry, then use the hexagon punch to punch shapes from the cardstock.
4. Use the AdvantEdge™ border punch with the Antique Lace cartridge to punch a design from colored tissue paper. You may need to punch several layers of the tissue paper at a time, depending on the thickness of your tissue paper.
5. Trim a piece of burlap to size and adhere the border design to one side.
6. Adhere the hexagon shapes to the burlap.
7. Trim a piece of cork sheet to create a banner shape and adhere to the burlap.
8. Create some felt flowers and add to the front of the card.
9. Add a handwritten or typed sentiment to the cork banner, to finish.
Assorted materials such as burlap, tissue paper, felt, cork and cardstock
Gelatos and paintbrush
Gesso and stamp or stencil