Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
It is nostalgic to display these photo ornaments on your Christmas tree and see how time has passed over the years. This year, with my kids growing older, I thought it would also be fun to add their Christmas wish list to the ornament. (It’s natural for kids to forget what they asked for and received from year to year. This is a way to remember what was in demand from Santa each year!)
Adding a little decoration to these simple ornaments makes the ornaments look handmade and stylish for the season. Using just a little piece of patterned paper and a few pieces of trim can really add to a simple framed ornament.
1. Find a basic, inexpensive photo frame. Search your local dollar store and discount aisles.
2. Using a one inch strip of patterned paper and a Fiskars border punch, punch the strip of paper.
3. Take a XL glue dot and fold the strip of punched paper into an accordion, placing it as you fold onto the glue dot. As you fold and bend the strip of paper in a circular motion, it will begin to look like a flower. Add a button or rhinestone to the top of the flower using another glue dot or hot glue. Attach the flower to the ornament with a hot glue gun
4. Accordion fold a 4x5 inch piece of patterned paper and layer with a piece of tulle or ribbon and attach to the ornament hanger. You can also add present tags with names and dates here if desired. Buttons, and other Christmas charms or embellishments can also be added to the ornament for extra style.
5. Insert a photo into the photo frame. Using the XL Round and Round Fiskars punch, punch a circle from patterned paper. Write your Christmas Wish on the circle and add it to the back of the frame .
Dollar store frames
Glue Gun/glue dots
Buttons, Rhinestones, and other Embellishments