Did you know that Christmas trees are harvested several months before they even make it to the tree lot around Thanksgiving ti... Read more »
Are you thinking about the holidays and getting a living tree for Christmas? Read more »
Whether it’s chopping, kindling or splitting firewood for a campfire, there are times when an axe comes in handy. Ask yourself... Read more »
The Fiskars® aluminum shrub rake features a slim head with uniquely tapered tines that are perfect for reaching into tight spac... Read more »
Our Eco Bin Composter features an easy-to-assemble, easy-to-use design that can simplify and speed the composting process. It i... Read more »
Our HardShell® Kangaroo® Gardening Container is perfect for all your outdoor cleanup needs — whether you’re gathering yard and... Read more »
Our unique Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter features an innovative design that makes it easy to create tags perfect for gi... Read more »
Looking to give a second life to some old clothing. Here are a few ideas to get you started. Read more »
By creating a few simple tags, you won’t be caught at the fabric store not knowing what fabrics or yardage you have in your st... Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Serrated Fabric Shears sense blade separation an... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
The holidays are a popular time to stop and thank teachers and all of the wonderful staff at school for all they do. Read more »
Encourage children to help make gifts this holiday season with these kid-friendly projects. Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Creating a miniature collage with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors is a great way to use up any last bits of Duck Tape® yo... Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Designed for all-purpose cutting through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
The holidays are a popular time to stop and thank teachers and all of the wonderful staff at school for all they do.
They’re perfect for pinning up papers on the fridge or tacking up a recipe in the kitchen. I used a variety of Fiskars’ Squeeze and Lever Punches to paper piece the cute tag accents and then attached some of them to cards as a small gift. Fiskars’ wide variety of Clear Stamps also came in handy to stamp phrases to match.
1. Begin by making a card to frame the magnet. Since each design is framed by the Lever Punch tag, you can adjust the card or gift tag to be a variety of sizes – 5 inch x 7 inch, 3 inch x 4 inch or any size needed. Cut several layers and use the Corner Squeeze Punches or Corner Lever Punches for an interesting accent.
2. The Cupcake magnet is the simplest of the set. Squeeze Punch a Postage Stamp and then cut a small rectangle from cardstock to fit just inside the stamp shape. Squeeze Punch a Cupcake shape from two different pattern papers and use the Heart Hand Punch on the frosting piece. Layer an accent color behind the punched out area to make it stand out.
Tip: You may want to layer several cardstock tags for extra sturdiness.
3. Next, layer the pieces together onto the Lever Punched tags that are layered from cardstock and pattern paper. Adhere magnets to the back ñ I used self adhesive strips but any magnet will do. Then accent the tiny heart with glitter glue and let dry. Attach the magnet to the card with a removable glue dot or other temporary adhesive.
4. Stamp the ‘my Sweetheart’ sentiment from the All Year Greetings Stamp Set onto cardstock, trim, color in the hearts, attach to the card with adhesive foam and accent with glitter glue to complete.
5. For the Lovebird magnet, punch out the shapes shown – 2 hearts, the tree frame, a 2 inch scalloped circle and the Comma Chameleon Squeeze Punched shape (you can substitute a tear drop, a circle or even a larger heart if needed). Also punch out several tags from cardstock and one from patterned paper to make the sturdy layered tag.
6. Layer the scalloped circle and the tree frame onto the tag. Adhere the rounded heart (I layered several heart punches) at the top of the tree. Then paper piece the bird together with the hearts and comma shape and add a black dot for the eye with a marker. Once the magnet is assembled, again attach it to the card/tag with the temporary adhesive.
7. Stamp the ‘you’re so Tweet’ sentiment from the Love Bug Stamp Set onto cardstock, trim and adhere to card with adhesive foam.
8. For the Lamb magnet, punch out the shapes shown – the small rectangle for the feet, the heart and the scalloped 2 inch circle for the body. Also punch out the small circle and the feet to create the lamb’s head and ears. I used the 1/8 inch Circle Hand Punch punch on the brown cardstock for the eyes. Behind this, layer a circle from white white cardstock and use the 1/16 inch Circle Hand Punch for the pupils. Add a circle of green cardstock behind the white to show through. Adhere to the layered tag and add the magnets to the back to complete.
9. To create the Owl magnet, again punch out the shapes shown ñ a 1 inch circle for the owl’s belly; 4 hearts for the beak, the wings and the heart also on the owl’s belly; and create the owl’s head and body from a 2 inch circle with a partial circle removed from the top using the same size punch. As with the Lamb magnet, create the eyes using Circle Hand Punches ñ for the owl, I used the 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch Circle Hand Punches.
Tip: Print or Stamp these suggested phrases for the Lamb and Owl magnets - ‘I love (or heart) EWE!’; ‘OWL always love you!’