Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
Now I've started a whole new addiction! With so many different textures to choose from, the sky is the limit. Here is a simple project to begin…
1. Trace and cut out a rectangle from Grafix White Ink Jet Shrink Film using Shapecutting Starter Kit (or for similar shape use your trimmer to cut a 2-1/4" x 3-3/4" rectangle and round each corner using ¼ Round Corner Punch.
2. Punch hole at top center using ¼" Circle Hand Punch (punch close to top so you will have enough room for jump ring to attach later).
3. Bake according to package directions (here I have used a piece of chipboard under and vellum over). Make sure the more slippery side is facing up.
4. Immediately when removing from oven, transfer chipboard with shrunk piece onto heat safe surface and press texture plate onto shape quickly, firmly, and evenly using the side of your fist. Allow to cool.
5. Paint with brown acrylic paint and allow to dry.
6. Tap embossed design onto darker brown ink pad so only the ridges are inked. Allow to dry.
7. Stamp butterfly onto Shrink Film with pink ink; cut out and bake.
8. After removing from oven, shape wings up while still pliable and allow to cool.
9. Seal both pieces with protective varnish and allow to dry fully.
10. Glue butterfly to pendant using E6000.
11. Twist jump ring open using wire pliers and connect pendant to necklace.
Note: This technique can sometimes leave a little white staining on your texture plate that doesn't affect performance.
Grafix Injet Jet Shrink Film (white)
Stamping ink (pink and brown)
Brown acrylic paint