Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Now I've started a whole new addiction! With so many different textures to choose from, the sky is the limit. Here is a simple project to begin…
1. Trace and cut out a rectangle from Grafix White Ink Jet Shrink Film using Shapecutting Starter Kit (or for similar shape use your trimmer to cut a 2-1/4" x 3-3/4" rectangle and round each corner using ¼ Round Corner Punch.
2. Punch hole at top center using ¼" Circle Hand Punch (punch close to top so you will have enough room for jump ring to attach later).
3. Bake according to package directions (here I have used a piece of chipboard under and vellum over). Make sure the more slippery side is facing up.
4. Immediately when removing from oven, transfer chipboard with shrunk piece onto heat safe surface and press texture plate onto shape quickly, firmly, and evenly using the side of your fist. Allow to cool.
5. Paint with brown acrylic paint and allow to dry.
6. Tap embossed design onto darker brown ink pad so only the ridges are inked. Allow to dry.
7. Stamp butterfly onto Shrink Film with pink ink; cut out and bake.
8. After removing from oven, shape wings up while still pliable and allow to cool.
9. Seal both pieces with protective varnish and allow to dry fully.
10. Glue butterfly to pendant using E6000.
11. Twist jump ring open using wire pliers and connect pendant to necklace.
Note: This technique can sometimes leave a little white staining on your texture plate that doesn't affect performance.
Grafix Injet Jet Shrink Film (white)
Stamping ink (pink and brown)
Brown acrylic paint