Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Since summer is a time for family reunions, and like most young children, mine don’t quite understand family generations, I thought it would be helpful to have them help me craft a family tree to hang on the wall. Not only does a project like this get children excited about an upcoming event, it also helps them learn names of family members they might not see all that often.
So, if you are looking for a way to keep your children entertained while trying to beat the summer heat, this is the perfect project that can involve the entire family.
This project is suitable for children of most ages and skill levels---there is truly something for everyone to do, so you’ll have it completed in a just an hour. Even the preschool ages can help with squeezing the punches and coloring the stamped images.
Family tree projects can be whatever you make them to be (i.e. grandparents only, immediate family members, siblings, grandchildren, etc.). In this case, I chose to make my project just for the cousins in our family. If you choose the traditional route, it is also a subtle way to introduce younger children to genealogy too! .
To create a family tree of your own:
1. First create your tree template by punching out a tree with the X-Large Tree Lever Punch, trace onto white paper, and then enlarge 400% on a copy machine. Label as your template for future use.
2. Cut out template with Micro-Tip™ Scissors (No. 5). Using temporary adhesive, place template onto brown cardstock and trace around the perimeter.
3. Cut tree from cardstock. If desired, add texture to the tree using the Honeycomb Texture Plate and Embossing Stylus.
4. Create a background large enough to fit your frame opening. If your frame is longer or wider than 12 inches you’ll need to extend the length of your cardstock by layering papers along the bottom edge as shown.
5. Build several leaves with cardstock using the Leafin’ Around Squeeze Punch.
6. Smaller leaves can be made by cutting apart petals from the X-Large Poppy Lever Punch with your Micro-Tip™ Scissors (No. 5).
7. Stamp, color and layer images that coordinate with the members in your family using the Happy and You Know It Clear Stamp Set.
8. Build your 'grass' area first using layers of patterned paper and cardstock. Green cardstock cut with the Leaves Border Punch or decorative edge scissors.
9. Adhere the tree and add large leaves in clusters around the branches, filling in with smaller leaves in the openings.
10. Adhere your 'family' faces with dimensional adhesive.
11. Print names of family members with font and font color you desire using a word processing program, trim out and attach using dimensional adhesive.
Patterned paper: Upcycle by Cosmo Cricket
Ribbon: May Arts
Foam Dimensional Adhesive