Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
1. Print out the
template and cut out on outermost line with scissors. Line the tallest edge along a folded paper grocery bag (or other large paper) and trace with marker. Cut out and unfold to create semicircle template.
2. Lay newly created template onto fold (as shown) of high quality fleece with wrong sides folded together and trace with permanent marker.
3. Cut out just inside marked line through both layers using Razor-edge Softgrip Scissors.
4. Cut out the innermost line of original PDF template and line the tallest edge along a folded piece of cardstock. Trace with marker, cut out, and unfold to create another semicircle template.
5. Clip new template onto folded edge of cut fleece centered as shown. Tip: Working on a large cutting mat not only protects your work surface, it also makes easy work of lining up or centering items. Cut strips around perimeter of fleece from edge to clipped template in approximately half inch increments.
6. Knot each set of strips twice to secure. Continue around perimeter of fleece stopping when there are five sets of strips left.
7. Stuff fleece with fiberfill through opening to make the turkey nice and plump, the fatter the better! Knot remaining strips.
8. Help your child trace their foot onto brown felt for them to cut out for turkey’s head and neck.
9. Give them shape templates to trace and cut out facial features, such as circles for eyes and leaf for wattle onto felt. Cut two strips of orange or yellow felt at desired length for legs. Cut slits at end of strips for toes.
10. Glue all pieces onto stuffed turkey as shown and allow to dry fully. Adults can use a low-temp hot glue gun to speed up the drying process.