Did you know that Christmas trees are harvested several months before they even make it to the tree lot around Thanksgiving ti... Read more »
Are you thinking about the holidays and getting a living tree for Christmas? Read more »
Whether it’s chopping, kindling or splitting firewood for a campfire, there are times when an axe comes in handy. Ask yourself... Read more »
The Fiskars® aluminum shrub rake features a slim head with uniquely tapered tines that are perfect for reaching into tight spac... Read more »
Our Eco Bin Composter features an easy-to-assemble, easy-to-use design that can simplify and speed the composting process. It i... Read more »
Our HardShell® Kangaroo® Gardening Container is perfect for all your outdoor cleanup needs — whether you’re gathering yard and... Read more »
Teresa Collins is a top craft celebrity who has been featured numerous times on My Craft Channel, HSN, QVC and DIY network, wel... Read more »
Our unique Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter features an innovative design that makes it easy to create tags perfect for gi... Read more »
Looking to give a second life to some old clothing. Here are a few ideas to get you started. Read more »
By creating a few simple tags, you won’t be caught at the fabric store not knowing what fabrics or yardage you have in your st... Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Serrated Fabric Shears sense blade separation an... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
The holidays are a popular time to stop and thank teachers and all of the wonderful staff at school for all they do. Read more »
Encourage children to help make gifts this holiday season with these kid-friendly projects. Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Creating a miniature collage with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors is a great way to use up any last bits of Duck Tape® yo... Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Designed for all-purpose cutting through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
The holidays are a popular time to stop and thank teachers and all of the wonderful staff at school for all they do.
This altered birdhouse is a great addition to my growing collection and I can even put it out now amongst my Christmas things since the color scheme fits in nicely. To embellish the birdhouse, I used two Clear Stamp sets along with a few Squeeze Punches to dress it up along with some left over floral supplies I had stored away.
1. Paint and distress birdhouse – this one is painted white and brown, flecked with brown acrylic paint and has a crackle medium applied over small sections and the fence – set aside and let dry thoroughly.
2. Squeeze Punch enough Funky Hearts for 8 – 9 rows of 3 or 4 hearts in each row, approximately 40 hearts.
3. Ink hearts, curl edges and begin layering the hearts across beginning at the bottom row and working up towards the peak of the roof. Do both sides
4. Once both sides are complete, trim off top excess with scissors.
5. Use the Scalloped Sentiment Border Punch on both sides of a narrow strip of the same pattern paper as the hearts. Trim to the length of the roof line; fold in half along the length and adhere along the top of the peak to cover up the raw edges of the hearts.
6. Stamp birds and Winter Wonderland images (1 scalloped and 2 “Snow”) on cream pattern paper with brown ink.
7. Cut out birds with craft knife or scissors and set aside.
8. Use the Circle Shape Template with the Ultra ShapeXpress Tool to cut a 1.5 inch circle from green pattern paper. Use the Extra Large Seal of Approval Squeeze Punch around the circle opening to create a scalloped ring. Adhere this to around the front of the birdhouse.
9. Create a mini raffia swag with berries by gathering several 6 inch pieces of raffia and knotting the bunch in the center with another strip of raffia. Then adhere the swag near the top of the roof peak.
10. Use the Large Seal of Approval Squeeze Punch on the smaller scalloped image. Adhere this to the center of the raffia swag.
11. Arrange and adhere moss, berries, and twigs at the base of the birdhouse in the fenced area.
12. Adhere birds to fence and above small post of birdhouse.
13. Cut the “Snow” stamped circles with scissors. Squeeze Punch 2 Extra Large Seal of Approval scalloped circles, then adhere the “Snow” stamped circles to the center of each. Adhere these to the each side of the house.
14. Apply SnowTex or equivalent material to birdhouse roof and outer base as well as on the fence, trying to imitate how fallen snow might look in nature.
15. Once snow is dry, apply glitter glue for extra sparkle to complete. Let dry thoroughly and it’s ready to display with your winter décor.
Wood craft birdhouse, acrylic paint, SnowTex, dried moss and berry floral picks, raffia, glitter glue