Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
This altered birdhouse is a great addition to my growing collection and I can even put it out now amongst my Christmas things since the color scheme fits in nicely. To embellish the birdhouse, I used two Clear Stamp sets along with a few Squeeze Punches to dress it up along with some left over floral supplies I had stored away.
1. Paint and distress birdhouse – this one is painted white and brown, flecked with brown acrylic paint and has a crackle medium applied over small sections and the fence – set aside and let dry thoroughly.
2. Squeeze Punch enough Funky Hearts for 8 – 9 rows of 3 or 4 hearts in each row, approximately 40 hearts.
3. Ink hearts, curl edges and begin layering the hearts across beginning at the bottom row and working up towards the peak of the roof. Do both sides
4. Once both sides are complete, trim off top excess with scissors.
5. Use the Scalloped Sentiment Border Punch on both sides of a narrow strip of the same pattern paper as the hearts. Trim to the length of the roof line; fold in half along the length and adhere along the top of the peak to cover up the raw edges of the hearts.
6. Stamp birds and Winter Wonderland images (1 scalloped and 2 “Snow”) on cream pattern paper with brown ink.
7. Cut out birds with craft knife or scissors and set aside.
8. Use the Circle Shape Template with the Ultra ShapeXpress Tool to cut a 1.5 inch circle from green pattern paper. Use the Extra Large Seal of Approval Squeeze Punch around the circle opening to create a scalloped ring. Adhere this to around the front of the birdhouse.
9. Create a mini raffia swag with berries by gathering several 6 inch pieces of raffia and knotting the bunch in the center with another strip of raffia. Then adhere the swag near the top of the roof peak.
10. Use the Large Seal of Approval Squeeze Punch on the smaller scalloped image. Adhere this to the center of the raffia swag.
11. Arrange and adhere moss, berries, and twigs at the base of the birdhouse in the fenced area.
12. Adhere birds to fence and above small post of birdhouse.
13. Cut the “Snow” stamped circles with scissors. Squeeze Punch 2 Extra Large Seal of Approval scalloped circles, then adhere the “Snow” stamped circles to the center of each. Adhere these to the each side of the house.
14. Apply SnowTex or equivalent material to birdhouse roof and outer base as well as on the fence, trying to imitate how fallen snow might look in nature.
15. Once snow is dry, apply glitter glue for extra sparkle to complete. Let dry thoroughly and it’s ready to display with your winter décor.
Wood craft birdhouse, acrylic paint, SnowTex, dried moss and berry floral picks, raffia, glitter glue