Keeping the garden tidy requires a few deft moves with the right tools, and, time and again over the seasons, shrub rakes are... Read more »
Entire books have been written on the science of making compost, but it isn’t as hard as people think. In five easy steps, you... Read more »
Weeding, pruning, and raking all make a huge difference in the appearance of a garden, but, to finish the job, you have to rou... Read more »
The Fiskars® aluminum shrub rake features a slim head with uniquely tapered tines that are perfect for reaching into tight spac... Read more »
Our Eco Bin Composter features an easy-to-assemble, easy-to-use design that can simplify and speed the composting process. It i... Read more »
Our HardShell® Kangaroo® Gardening Container is perfect for all your outdoor cleanup needs — whether you’re gathering yard and... Read more »
Are school fundraiser ideas keeping you up at night? A unique handmade art piece that represents your school is sure to be a p... Read more »
Creating beautiful and personal touches does not have to be difficult, especially when you have great designs to work with! Read more »
Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
Teresa Collins is a top craft celebrity who has been featured numerous times on My Craft Channel, HSN, QVC and DIY network, wel... Read more »
Our unique Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter features an innovative design that makes it easy to create tags perfect for gi... Read more »
By creating a few simple tags, you won’t be caught at the fabric store not knowing what fabrics or yardage you have in your st... Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Transform a simple hoodie into a super simple unicorn costume and take the stress and pressure out of making a complicated Hal... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Serrated Fabric Shears sense blade separation an... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
A personalized Duck Tape® crown is quick and easy to make with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors. It is a fun way to cele... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Creating a miniature collage with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors is a great way to use up any last bits of Duck Tape® yo... Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Designed for all-purpose cutting through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
Using the Fuse Creativity System® with the scalloped birthday square embellishment, you can create a unique keepsake banner that can be used again and again as part of your birthday partytradition.
1. Begin but cutting 6 inch x 11 inch strips of fabric. I used a natural colored canvas because its color is neutral, allowing the decorative embellishment to shine, and because the heavier weight of the material keeps its shape under the weight of the embellishments. Cut a triangle out of the bottom of each rectangle by finding the center, measuring up 3 inches, and using a Fiskars acrylic ruler and rotary cutter to cut from that point to each corner. Stitch around the perimeter of each section using a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
2. Use the scalloped birhtday square plate, black ink, and white cardstock to create a letterpressed diecut for each section of the banner. Mount these to 5 inch x 5 inch squares of patterned paper with your favorite adhesive.
4. Add punched stars and music notes to the white space of each die cut and stitch the squares to the canvas sections.
5. To string the banner together, cut 2 inch wide strips of a coordinating fabric and stitch them together end to end to the desire length. My banner has 7 sections and I used three 45 inch lengths of fabric which left me with plenty of excess at each end for hanging the banner. Find the center of the strip and center one of the sections over it, fold the strip in half to encase the top of the section, and pin the layers together. Continue adding sections to the strip leaving 3 inches of space between them. Also fold the excess fabric
6. Finish the banner by starting at one end of the folded fabric strip and stitching along the entire length of it with a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
1/2 yard of canvas
2 sheets white cardstock
1 sheet black cardstock
1/3 yard fabric for ties