Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
I’ve made assorted pies and tarts so far this season but I’ve really wanted to try my hand at making my own jam too. Not only will my family love this sweet treat, but it makes a lovely homemade gift for any occasion. With having little experience with canning however, I thought I’d start simple this summer and try making freezer jam. I was thrilled with how easy and quick it was to make. And once I had my jam sealed in containers, I used assorted Fiskars punches and stamps to dress up the jars making them perfect for gift giving.
1. To make the jam, I started with the ingredient list indicated on the Freezer Jam Pectin package and then followed the instructions to prepare the fruit and mix the Pectin with sugar.
2. I used a food processor to mash the berries and added a squeeze of lemon. Then I added the required amount of prepared fruit to the pectin/sugar mixture and mixed well for a few minutes.
3. To complete the jam, I filled the half pint containers to the fill line, affixed the lid securely let them sit for 30 minutes for the jam to set.
Note: Place in refrigerator or freezer for storage.
4. Meanwhile, I started preparing my supplies to dress up the jars. First, I cut 5.5 inch squares from a cream colored fabric using the Rotary Cutter and Acrylic Ruler.
5. I trimmed the edges with Pinking Shears and rounded the corners a bit too.
6. Next, I stamped “Life’s Sweet” randomly on the fabric to create a cute word pattern.
7. For the paper label and tag accents, I printed “Very Berry Jam” (label) and information about the jam (back of tag) on kraft cardstock.
Tip: Be sure to include space to write the date the jam was made as well as basic storage information.
8. To create the label on the top of the jar, I Squeeze Punched a circle around the “Very Berry Jam” print and matted it on a larger circle cut from pattern paper. I then used the Stamp Blocks to stamp a spoon image (above) and a heart (below) onto the circle.
9. For the tags, I used the Paper Trimmer’s Scallop Blade across the bottom of the tags. Then, I cut each tag to a little larger than the printed area – about 2.25 inches by 3.5 inches.
10. I used the 3-in-1 Corner Squeeze Punch at the top corners and punched a small hole in the center of the tag.
11. On the printed side of the tag, I stamped “From the Kitchen Of:” just above my name on the back of the tag.
12. On the unprinted side of the tag, I stamped a strawberry image across the area several times with Versamark Ink giving the tag a subtle pattern.
13. Next, I punched a narrow strip of green cardstock with the Leaves Border Punch and adhered it across the front of the tag.
14. Then I stamped “You’re Berry Sweet” on green pattern paper and trimmed the sentiment to fit across the tag overlapping the Leaves Border Punch strip.
15. When you’re ready to gift a delicious jar of jam, tie the fabric to the lid with ribbon, attaching the tag as well. And adhere the label to the top. The jam is ready to be given and enjoyed!
Pebbles – Flower Lane
Echo Park – Sweet Summer Time
Bo Bunny – Avocado Double Dot Cardstock
Ribbon, fabric, kraft cardstock
Basic Jam Supplies:
*You can find a detailed list of ingredients and instructions on the freezer jam pectin package you purchase*
Freezer Jam Pectin (Ball brand)
Plastic or Glass Jars that can be stored in the freezer
Fresh berries (blue berries, raspberries and strawberries)