Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Several years back we were heading to NYC for a studio bead buy and our lovely daughter, Avalon, begged us to take her to Hoboken to visit the Cake Boss’ Bakery. She was (and still is) a big fan of the show and makes her own wonderful cakes at home. We agreed to take her, but when we arrived at the scene there was a line extending far up the block. It was over 90 degrees and we were famished, so we decided to grab lunch before braving the fray. Thankfully by the time we finished, the line was gone and we were able to walk right in! We bought Avalon a monogrammed cake, balking a little at the 40 dollar price tag, but I have to say the cake was delicious and the entire experience well worth the money. This layout features some playful papers from Me & My Big Ideas in candy colors and lots of little details made possible by the fabulous Fiskars paper cutting tools! I simply had to add a little bling and still...it needed something...so I “put a bird on it”...actually I put four birds on it, but who’s counting? You could put any stickers you like on it, birds, cupcakes, candies! I am a fan of clean and simple design, one too many gee gaws or widgets and you’ve lost me, but hey if more is more for you, go for it!
1. I used a circus style font in all caps to print the words “LET THEM EAT CAKE” at 48pt. in colors that coordinated with the papers. (There are lots of great online sites where you can get free fonts.) I printed out the other text in a clean, easy to read font (again in coordinating colors) in a 22 pt. size. The key is making sure your font is the right size to fit comfortably on the page elements.
2. Print text out and cut leaving a small border using the SureCut™ paper trimmer. Use the orange ruled paper to create frame backgrounds for each of the words/sentiments, cutting these on the paper trimmer for precision.
3. Use the Fiskars ShapeTemplate™ ‘stars’ edge on the striped paper to give it some nice curvature. I made an awning and two accents to fit the edge of the large square picture frames.
4. Cut the awning shape to 3.5”x12”. Cut smaller edges to 3.5”x1” at the widest curve.
5. Use the ‘circles’ template to cut out 4 1.5” circles using the circles patterned paper. Cut out two 3.5”x3.5” squares and two of the 4.5”x2.75” journal shapes.
6. The layout starts with the awning at the top of the page. Use Tacky Glue gunner to attach papers to the page. Place the squares, layering on the photos and left side striped edges; these should be a little less than 2” from the right edge of your layout. Add the circles to the right side of the squares evenly spaced from just above and below the square frames, they are a little less than ¼” from the right edge of the layout.
7. Add the journal shapes centering them to the left of each square shape about 1” from each square and 1” from the left edge of your paper. 8. Center and attach framed sentiments. Add birds to the top left and lower right corners of each journal shape.9. The text is angled to fit the width of the awning. Attach and finish the page by adding five crystals to the right edge of each word and one on each curve of the striped edges on your square frames.
Me & My Big Ideas Sugar & Spice Mambi Sheets Paper Stack
Tulip Glam it Up PDA crystals (these are meant for cell phones, but the sticky stuff on back works great on paper too!)
Felt birds or other coordinating three dimensional embellishments
Aleene’s Tacky Glue runner
Photo Editing Software