August in the garden can be challenging for both gardeners and plants. Read more »
Extreme heat merits triage treatments Read more »
With a new school year on the horizon, it is time to refocus on our fall wardrobe. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
A new school year calls for a new set of accessories. Read more »
With school coming up, it is time to start planning and organizing. Read more »
1. Start with a sheet of 12” x 12” cardstock. I used watered-down paint to flick paint splotches as a background.
2. Insert two brads, centrally positioned along the top half of the cardstock. Use your 6” Amplify® Shears to cut a length of wire and wrap it between the two brads. Allow the ends of the wire to hang artfully.
3. Create little flags to hang on the wire by carefully cutting shapes from a clean soda can. Curl the edges slightly to create ‘movement’.
4. Cut a piece of cork sheet to use as your photo mount on the center of your page. Round off the corners with your Amplify® Shears.
5. Cut a piece of plastic canvas mesh and stitch a pattern through the mesh using a needle and embroidery floss.
6. Layer your embellishments behind the cork sheet for added dimension and add a sentiment if desired. I also added a doily for extra texture.
7. To finish, I cut a length of red wire with my Amplify® Shears and created a simple heart shape which I added to the layout.
One sheet 12” x 12” cardstock
24 gauge wire
Clean soda can
Plastic canvas mesh
Needle and thread