August in the garden can be challenging for both gardeners and plants. Read more »
Extreme heat merits triage treatments Read more »
With a new school year on the horizon, it is time to refocus on our fall wardrobe. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
A new school year calls for a new set of accessories. Read more »
With school coming up, it is time to start planning and organizing. Read more »
It's also a terrific way to feature photos from a party, trip, or event!
1. Start with a plain album (available at most craft stores, or DIY by binding squares of kraft cardstock).
2. Trim strips of your favorite patterned papers & cardstocks. You can choose any width – for this project, I used 1 inch strips.
3. Use Fiskars Border punches to customize some of the paper strips.
4. Layer on cover of album, allowing strips to overlap – don’t worry about keeping the center neat, because it will eventually be covered.
5. Trim excess paper around edges of cover. Use sandpaper or a small file to smooth edges.
6. I used the Fuse Creativity System¨ to create this butterfly stamp embellishment as a beautiful accent for my photobook.
7. Use foam adhesive to adhere embellishment to cover8. Add album title and ribbon.