Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
Prepare some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and different materials which allow their creativity to shine!
My daughter is really getting into journals, so I wanted to stock her up with a bunch to use during the summer with different themes. Combining the two, I came up with embossed foam journal covers!
1. Heat brown craft foam with heat tool on protected surface. Be sure to keep the heat gun constantly moving so you do not scorch the foam.
2. Very quickly place Woodgrain Texture Plate onto heated foam and press firmly and evenly. If you aren't happy with the embossing, simply heat the foam back up and it will flatten before trying again.
3. Trim embossed foam to size of design with trimmer and run ink along embossing if desired to make the design more defined.
3b. Repeat steps 1 and 2 onto purple foam using Filigree plate.
4. Cut out butterfly using Ultra ShapeXpress and Butterfly Shape Template. Tear or cut the rest of the way through foam.
5. Ink over butterfly's embossed designed with assorted metallic inks. Sew onto woodgrain cover with button and title.
6. Trim notebook paper and chipboard to size of cover.
7. Punch two holes into cover and mark position on inside pages and back cover to punch or drill.
8. Run rubber band though one hole on front around twig and feed back through other hole around twig for binding. Any usual binding can be used, but I just wanted to keep this journal nature inspired.
The hand punches work great with craft foam, too. Here's a peek at the next journal I am making, a nighttime journal, with stars punched into the cover.
heat resistant craft sheet
assorted metallic stamping inks