Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
This project is a great way to keep your children entertained on hot summer days when they’re stuck inside. With minimal supplies and only a few tools, these fun sea creatures can be created in a variety of sizes and colors by a wide range of ages.
Creating the Octopus
1. Begin by cutting eight “legs” for the octopus from card stock.
2. Punch one side of the leg with the Bubbles Boarder Punch. Other border punches will work too, but this one nicely mimics the suction cups of the octopus tentacles.
3. Trim the opposite edge of the leg with the Pinking Paper Edger.
4. Round the tip of the leg with a pair of scissors to create a foot.
5. Take a paper or plastic cup and cut a crepe paper circle that is 3 times the diameter of the cup.
6. Run a strip of double-stick tape along the inside of the lip of the cup. Peel the backing off of the double-stick tape.
7. Place the cup in the center of the paper, and wrap the paper around, into the cup then press the edges to the tape until it sticks.
8. Use glue or double-stick tape to attach the legs inside the wrapped cup.
9. Wrap each leg around pencil or thick marker to curl them slightly.
10. Use your large Petal by Petal Squeeze Punch to create eyes and eye balls for the octopus.
11. From a large punched circle, trim away a scrap to create a smile.
12. Attach the eyes and smile with paper glue.
13. Complete the creature by polka-dotting the surface with lots of adhesive rhinestones.
Creating the Crab
1. To create the crab, wrap red crepe paper around the cup and tape it down, just like you did with the octopus.
2. Cut three pairs of legs from red card stock using Pinking Paper Edgers.
3. Punch two large circles and cut both in half using the Edgers to create the “claws”.
4. Punch out a pair of eyes from white card stock using the Petal by Petal Squeeze Punch.
5. Punch a sliver of a circle for a smile.
6. Attach all of the parts to the crab body using paper glue or double-stick tape.
7. Decorate with adhesive-backed rhinestones.
8. Crease at the “ankle” and “knee”.
Now that you have the basics, you can try other sizes of cups and colors of paper to create a variety of creatures.
Blue card stock
Blue crepe paper
Red card stock
Red crepe paper
White card stock
Black card stock