It’s hot outside. Gardeners can escape summer’s heat by retreating to the air-conditioning or a shady porch, but garden plants... Read more »
August in the garden can be challenging for both gardeners and plants. Read more »
Extreme heat merits triage treatments Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Pruner, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear technology m... Read more »
Specifically designed to reduce the effort required to cut tough tree and shrub branches, this durable pruner includes an easy-... Read more »
This pro-style pruner features adjustable blade tension to fit your hand strength and the toughness of the material you’re cutt... Read more »
Reusable snack packs are an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic baggies, and not only are they much cuter, they’ll... Read more »
Using Duck Tape® to cover a simple notebook can take your journals from mediocre to marvelous in no time! Read more »
These sturdy little Duck Tape® magnetic pockets are easy to make and will help keep a locker organized and small school suppli... Read more »
As the parent of a picky eater, my morning routine before school always entails packing a lunch. Read more »
With a new school year on the horizon, it is time to refocus on our fall wardrobe. Read more »
This simple school skirt is very easy to make and beginner seamstresses will enjoy making more than one! Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Serrated Fabric Shears sense blade separation an... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Taking a photo of your children on their first day back at school after a long summer is a tradition in many families. Read more »
It's time to get into back-to-school mode! That means it's time to begin browsing the store shelves for the necessities to hel... Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
A new school year calls for a new set of accessories. Read more »
There is something fun and freeing about creating mixed media art, especially when you only need a few tools and a little time... Read more »
With school coming up, it is time to start planning and organizing. Read more »
Infused with avant-garde Scandinavian style, our Quantum™ Pruner integrates only the highest-grade materials with Scandinavian... Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Use our AdvantEdge™ Punch System with any Fiskars border punch cartridge (sold separately) to add perfectly aligned decorative... Read more »
Bring the glitz and glamour to YOU by hosting your own fabulous bash - complete with an award winning handmade blouse for the occasion!
1. Pre-wash and press your fabric.
2. Select your pattern size and lay the pattern piece out on your cutting mat. Trace your required size onto freezer paper, leaving your original pattern intact for future use.
3. Pin each pattern piece to your fabric and cut out carefully. Transfer all pattern markings to the wrong side of your fabric.
4. Stitch front tucks to the front of the bodice.
5. Pin the bodice back pieces to the front piece at the shoulder, with right sides together. Sew.
6. Pin the bodice front and backs at the side seams and sew.
7. Sew the facing pieces together and attach to the bodice front at the neckline.
8. Cut notches into the seam allowance at the neckline.
9. Complete the back opening according to pattern directions. Hem the blouse and sew snaps in place.
10. Complete your award winning blouse by adding a small handmade movie label sewn inside the facing. Create the label by using the Party Carton Large Design Set and the expansion pack. Ink the movie strip letterpress plate with a permanent ink suitable for fabrics, and cut a small piece of fabric with the Fuse.
Sencha pattern by Colette Patterns
Fabric and interfacing (according to pattern requirements)
Sewing machine and thread
Iron and ironing board