Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
Pick the right pattern and a fabric you love, and with a little time and effort, you’ll be creating a wearable item and there will be no looking back!
Make this beautiful dress for her to wear to the Easter Egg hunt. Just think of the photo opportunities to go along with it!
One of my favorite aspects of yoga is its simplicity. No fancy equipment is needed – all that you really need is a yoga mat. Since my mat is regularly tossed in the car, and carried with me on errands before/after class, I wanted a more stylish way to tote it around. I pondered a full bag, but decided that I wanted something even more minimalistic, so I created this yoga mat carrier. I think it’s great that I can wrap it around my mat, or add in a gym towel, or even a sweatshirt. It’s so versatile!
1. If using two coordinating fabrics, trim each to slightly longer than your yoga mat.
2. Trim felt to slightly shorter than the length of your fabric. The dimension really depends on how much of the fabric you’d like to show. Trim edges with Fiskars Pinking sheers, and set aside.
3. Pin fabrics right side to right side.
4. Machine stitch longest sides, forming a “tube” – iron seams. I used coordinating fabrics for a color-blocked effect, so ironed with the sewn seam in the middle.
5. Slide felt piece between fabric (still right side to right side). Stitch around edges, leaving a small opening to turn fabric.
6. Turn fabric right side out (one side will have felt), and stitch the opening.
7. Iron all seams.
8. To create a strap, I used wide quilting tape. You can choose ribbon, cording, or even sewn fabric straps. Stitch ends together to form a loop.
9. Adhere across outside of mat carrier. I decided that I didn’t want stitching to show on my straps, so I used an iron-on adhesive tape (available at your local fabric store).
10. Adhere small squares of Velcro to the insides of the carrier.
11. Wrap around yoga mat, adhere Velcro, and head to class!
1 yard of fabric
½ yard of felt
Wide quilting tape or ribbon
Iron-on adhesive (optional)