Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Are you getting ready to do some spring cleaning in your closets? Wait! Don’t throw out those old sweaters. You can easily upcycle them into trendy and cute legwarmers. With a little simple sewing, you’ll turn old fashion into something new!
1. Find an old sweater that preferably has cuffed wrists. Decide how long you want your legwarmers to be – keep in mind that the wrist portion will now fall at your ankle.
2. Cut the arm of the sweater at a 90 degree angle from the shoulder.
3. Turn the arm inside out. Fold the edge back and pin.
4. Carefully stitch along the edge to hem with your sewing machine. Use the same color thread for a uniform look, or experiment with contrasting threads.
5. Turn right side out and you’re done! It's that easy!
Sewing machine & thread.