If you are building a new home or simply want to update your current home, start outside with curb appeal. Read more »
Here comes the bride — and the groom, the bridesmaids, and the groomsmen – plan ahead, practice a little, and then enjoy bring... Read more »
When you’re filling out your wish-list of wedding gifts, don’t forget to include supplies for the garden shed. With the right... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear2™ Pruner, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear2™ Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techn... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear2™ Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented-pending tec... Read more »
Making your own wedding invites and thank you cards is a delightful task when you a few versatile tools and simple techniques... Read more »
Nothing adds a special touch to a wedding like a handmade item. Read more »
Create a beautiful setting for your post-wedding brunch. Using these Fiskars tools will make the project even easier. Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Our unique Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter features an innovative design that makes it easy to create tags perfect for gi... Read more »
Choose our low-maintenance Photo Bypass Paper Trimmer to trim large quantities of photos with speed and precision. An easy-to-u... Read more »
Give your small outdoor space a mini makeover using a few simple tools to complete these fabulous projects. Read more »
Window treatments can turn a room from drab to fab, but if you’re on a budget sometimes hand-me-down curtains will have to do,... Read more »
If you’re not ready to fully embrace the trend for bold 70’s prints in your clothing, why not reflect it with a gloriously lou... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through fabric, our RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears feature... Read more »
Our Classic Stick Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade is ideal for crisp, controlled cuts on a wide variety of materials. A symmet... Read more »
Make clean up time a fun game for the kids! It becomes really easy for toddlers and preschoolers to match their toys to their... Read more »
Funny Face Magnet Gift Wrap is simple to make and quite literally gives each gift magnetic personality. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The most common complaint I hear when traveling is about soil quality for growing veggies. It may be too sandy, full of clay... Read more »
Creating a customized look is easier than you think - even when it comes to sewing up larger items such as this duvet cover an... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
Whether it is your go-to bag for shopping or a gift for someone, this simple and chic crossbody purse is a great bag for everyday of the year.
I created this simple and roomy makeup bag for my daughter to take to university. She can fill it with makeup and toiletries to prevent multiple trips back to her room (hopefully enabling her to make it to class on time!). These zippered bags would also be useful for hair accessories, jewelry, and even school supplies!
1. For this project, you’ll need fabric + fusible web + thread + 12” zipper.
2. Cut 4 pieces of fabric – each 10” x 12”. I chose coordinating fabrics to create a multi-patterned look, but you can also just choose to work with a single pattern. I find it easiest to use a Fiskars Rotary Cutter to ensure precise cutting.
3. Iron fusible web (I used Steam a Seam sticky back fusible web) between layers of fabric, creating two 10” x 12” pieces.
4. Fold over a 12” side of your fabric piece approximately 0.5” and pin to the zipper. Repeat with the other piece of fabric. Straight stitch each side (ensure that the right side of your zipper is lined up with the fabric that you want to show on the outside of the bag).
5. Straight stitch the bottom 12” edge of fabric, creating a “tube.”
6. Flatten the tube so that your zipper is in the middle. Straight stitch each end. Hint – unzip the zipper several inches so that you can easily turn your bag right-side out.
7. Pinch each corner, and stitch straight across. Trim the pointed end, creating a straight edge. This will create squared corners.
8. Turn bag right side out and fill with your favorite products!
Special thanks to Mineral Fusion for providing product for this project.