Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
This playful, quirky Christmas tree skirt brings a variety of whimsical colors to your holiday décor.
1. Take 1 yard of wool felt and cut it into a circle. Cut a second circle in the center, to create a ring. (For tips on cutting the felt into a circle see my Quilted Tree Skirt tutorial.)
2. Attach and sew bias tape to the outer and inner raw edges of the ring.
Here’s the outer edge:
And the inner edge:
3. Use the Fuse ornaments mini design set to cut multiple shapes from the assorted wool felt.
And I mean lots of shapes!
4. Add detail to a selection of the ornaments by sewing ric rac, ribbon or lace through the center for a decorative effect.
5. Position the ornaments on the tree skirt. Play around with the layout until you are satisfied.
6. Hold the ornaments in place with fabric spray adhesive or pins.
7. Sew the ornaments to the tree skirt. Use a bright thread and vary the stitches for a fun look.
1 yard of wool felt
Assorted scraps of wool felt
Ric rac and ribbon
Bias Tape (2 packages)
Fabric spray adhesive or pins