Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
I have become a bit obsessed with buying fun pillows and decided to come up with a way to change up the ones I already have.
By sewing a very simple wrap, I am able to embellish the pillow without damaging it at all so I can change out designs easily. Here’s how to make a wrap of your own.
1. Using a rotary cutter with acrylic ruler on a craft mat, cut two long rectangles of fabric an inch wider than desired wrap and three inches longer than one full trip around the pillow.
2. Sew right sides together with a half inch seam allowance leaving a couple of inches open to turn wrap right side out.
3. Once turned right side out, press and top stitch around edges.
4. Sew or iron-on Velcro strips to ends of wrap for closure.
Now you are ready to embellish with felt pinwheels.
1. Cut out scalloped squares from assorted felt using the Fuse System and scalloped die.
2. Stack two different colored squares and mark center. Cut from corners to a half of an inch from center and fold alternating cut corners as shown to center and stitch to secure.
3. Sew pinwheels onto pillow wrap with buttons, and enjoy!