Keeping the garden tidy requires a few deft moves with the right tools, and, time and again over the seasons, shrub rakes are... Read more »
Entire books have been written on the science of making compost, but it isn’t as hard as people think. In five easy steps, you... Read more »
Weeding, pruning, and raking all make a huge difference in the appearance of a garden, but, to finish the job, you have to rou... Read more »
The Fiskars® aluminum shrub rake features a slim head with uniquely tapered tines that are perfect for reaching into tight spac... Read more »
Our Eco Bin Composter features an easy-to-assemble, easy-to-use design that can simplify and speed the composting process. It i... Read more »
Our HardShell® Kangaroo® Gardening Container is perfect for all your outdoor cleanup needs — whether you’re gathering yard and... Read more »
Are school fundraiser ideas keeping you up at night? A unique handmade art piece that represents your school is sure to be a p... Read more »
Creating beautiful and personal touches does not have to be difficult, especially when you have great designs to work with! Read more »
Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
Teresa Collins is a top craft celebrity who has been featured numerous times on My Craft Channel, HSN, QVC and DIY network, wel... Read more »
Our unique Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter features an innovative design that makes it easy to create tags perfect for gi... Read more »
By creating a few simple tags, you won’t be caught at the fabric store not knowing what fabrics or yardage you have in your st... Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Transform a simple hoodie into a super simple unicorn costume and take the stress and pressure out of making a complicated Hal... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Serrated Fabric Shears sense blade separation an... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
A personalized Duck Tape® crown is quick and easy to make with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors. It is a fun way to cele... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Creating a miniature collage with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors is a great way to use up any last bits of Duck Tape® yo... Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Designed for all-purpose cutting through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
Dimensions are based on an 11" plate. All seam allowances are 1/4 inch.
1. Create a 15-inch circle pattern for base. Using pattern paper or freezer paper, mark a center point with pencil. Measure 7.5 inches from center point and mark. Tie string to pencil. Align pencil with side mark and hold string at center mark. Holding pencil taut, draw circle evenly around center point.
2. Cut out pattern. Pin to double layer of light purple fabric and cut out using scissors. Set aside.
3. Using rotary cutter with acrylic ruler on cutting mat, cut out the following strips of fabric: 4 inch x 80 inch dark purple, 3.5 inch x 70 inch medium purple, and 3.5 inch x 60 inch light purple. When working with one yard pieces of fabric, you will need to sew together two equal pieces to form lengths and sew together to form full length.
4. Fold dark purple strip in half with right sides together and sew each end. Fold wrong sides of dark purple strip together and press.
5. To ruffle, run a long stitch along cut side down entire strip 1/4-inch from cut edge without back stitching. Gently pull bobbin string to gather strip into ruffles. Mark the center first and work from each end to the center being careful not to break the thread. Work ruffles to length to fit around base circle.
6. Pin and sew ruffles to right side of one base circle matching up cut edges. Ruffles will be laying inside circle.
7. Place second circle base onto ruffled base. Ruffles will now be hidden between the two right sides of base circles. Pin and sew leaving a 2 inch gap to turn right side out. Turn right side out; press and top stitch.
8. To create light purple and medium purple ruffles, fold each strip with right sides together and sew along cut edge and one end. Feed tube right side out and fold under unfinished end to sew closed. Press. Run a long stitch down each strip 1/4-inch from sewn edge. Ruffle as before.
9. Lay plate at center of base circle and trace around perimeter with disappearing ink fabric marker.
10. Pin medium purple ruffle halfway between edge of base circle and drawn circle and sew to secure.
11. Pin light purple ruffle along drawn circle and sew to secure and complete.
Fabric: 1 yard each of three graduating colors
Disappearing Ink Fabric Marker
Pattern paper or freezer paper