Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Dimensions are based on an 11" plate. All seam allowances are 1/4 inch.
1. Create a 15-inch circle pattern for base. Using pattern paper or freezer paper, mark a center point with pencil. Measure 7.5 inches from center point and mark. Tie string to pencil. Align pencil with side mark and hold string at center mark. Holding pencil taut, draw circle evenly around center point.
2. Cut out pattern. Pin to double layer of light purple fabric and cut out using scissors. Set aside.
3. Using rotary cutter with acrylic ruler on cutting mat, cut out the following strips of fabric: 4 inch x 80 inch dark purple, 3.5 inch x 70 inch medium purple, and 3.5 inch x 60 inch light purple. When working with one yard pieces of fabric, you will need to sew together two equal pieces to form lengths and sew together to form full length.
4. Fold dark purple strip in half with right sides together and sew each end. Fold wrong sides of dark purple strip together and press.
5. To ruffle, run a long stitch along cut side down entire strip 1/4-inch from cut edge without back stitching. Gently pull bobbin string to gather strip into ruffles. Mark the center first and work from each end to the center being careful not to break the thread. Work ruffles to length to fit around base circle.
6. Pin and sew ruffles to right side of one base circle matching up cut edges. Ruffles will be laying inside circle.
7. Place second circle base onto ruffled base. Ruffles will now be hidden between the two right sides of base circles. Pin and sew leaving a 2 inch gap to turn right side out. Turn right side out; press and top stitch.
8. To create light purple and medium purple ruffles, fold each strip with right sides together and sew along cut edge and one end. Feed tube right side out and fold under unfinished end to sew closed. Press. Run a long stitch down each strip 1/4-inch from sewn edge. Ruffle as before.
9. Lay plate at center of base circle and trace around perimeter with disappearing ink fabric marker.
10. Pin medium purple ruffle halfway between edge of base circle and drawn circle and sew to secure.
11. Pin light purple ruffle along drawn circle and sew to secure and complete.
Fabric: 1 yard each of three graduating colors
Disappearing Ink Fabric Marker
Pattern paper or freezer paper