Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
Pick the right pattern and a fabric you love, and with a little time and effort, you’ll be creating a wearable item and there will be no looking back!
Make this beautiful dress for her to wear to the Easter Egg hunt. Just think of the photo opportunities to go along with it!
Dimensions are based on an 11" plate. All seam allowances are 1/4 inch.
1. Create a 15-inch circle pattern for base. Using pattern paper or freezer paper, mark a center point with pencil. Measure 7.5 inches from center point and mark. Tie string to pencil. Align pencil with side mark and hold string at center mark. Holding pencil taut, draw circle evenly around center point.
2. Cut out pattern. Pin to double layer of light purple fabric and cut out using scissors. Set aside.
3. Using rotary cutter with acrylic ruler on cutting mat, cut out the following strips of fabric: 4 inch x 80 inch dark purple, 3.5 inch x 70 inch medium purple, and 3.5 inch x 60 inch light purple. When working with one yard pieces of fabric, you will need to sew together two equal pieces to form lengths and sew together to form full length.
4. Fold dark purple strip in half with right sides together and sew each end. Fold wrong sides of dark purple strip together and press.
5. To ruffle, run a long stitch along cut side down entire strip 1/4-inch from cut edge without back stitching. Gently pull bobbin string to gather strip into ruffles. Mark the center first and work from each end to the center being careful not to break the thread. Work ruffles to length to fit around base circle.
6. Pin and sew ruffles to right side of one base circle matching up cut edges. Ruffles will be laying inside circle.
7. Place second circle base onto ruffled base. Ruffles will now be hidden between the two right sides of base circles. Pin and sew leaving a 2 inch gap to turn right side out. Turn right side out; press and top stitch.
8. To create light purple and medium purple ruffles, fold each strip with right sides together and sew along cut edge and one end. Feed tube right side out and fold under unfinished end to sew closed. Press. Run a long stitch down each strip 1/4-inch from sewn edge. Ruffle as before.
9. Lay plate at center of base circle and trace around perimeter with disappearing ink fabric marker.
10. Pin medium purple ruffle halfway between edge of base circle and drawn circle and sew to secure.
11. Pin light purple ruffle along drawn circle and sew to secure and complete.
Fabric: 1 yard each of three graduating colors
Disappearing Ink Fabric Marker
Pattern paper or freezer paper