Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
Pick the right pattern and a fabric you love, and with a little time and effort, you’ll be creating a wearable item and there will be no looking back!
Make this beautiful dress for her to wear to the Easter Egg hunt. Just think of the photo opportunities to go along with it!
Prop him on a shelf, sit him on a desk or simply give him to someone to love. He’s sure to be a hoot!
1. Trace owl template – 2: head; 2: body; 1 beak and 4 wings onto fabric and cut out.
2. Also cut out 2 pieces of thin fusible fleece or batting 1/8 inch smaller than the wing.
3. Layer the pattern fabric with right sides facing in and with the fleece on top, then stitch around the edge leaving a 1.5 inch opening.
4. Turn out the wing, using the 12-in-1 Sewing Taxi’s stuffing tool to push out the edges. Iron flat and set aside.
5. Place right sides together and stitch straight edge where owl’s head will meet the body. Open seam and press flat. Repeat for owl’s backside.
6. Pleat ribbon, pin in place on the body of the owl and stitch across.
7. Using the Circle Shape Template trace circles on felt. Cut the largest with Scalloped Shears. Layer and stitch together the eyes, adding a button as the pupil.
8. Cut nose from yellow orange felt and stitch to center of face. Also stitch on the felt eyes.
9. Layer the owl front and back with right sides facing in and with the wings positioned with the raw edges along the edges of the owl body. Note the wings will be on the inside as you stitch the owl closed.
10. Stitch around the owl outline - be sure to back stitch at the beginning and end – leaving a 1 inch to 2 inch opening.
11. Carefully turn out the owl and stuff with polyfil.
12. Stitch closed the opening by hand and adjust batting and enjoy!
10 inch square or more fabric pieces
Color coordinated felt
3 pieces of 24 inch long ribbon