Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
I love that I can personalize both the style and the size to work anywhere in my house. I’ve made this one on the small side – it will be perfect for holding small scraps of fabric in my sewing space – but I’d love to try a bigger one to hold toys as well.
1. Using your Comfort Grip Rotary Trimmer, Cutting Mat and Acrylic Ruler, cut 10 pieces of fabric to 7 inches x 7 inches. (You can tweak these measurements to fit the size you’d like to make – just remember that your fabric should be 1 inch wider around on all sides than your interfacing). You can use one fabric for all of your squares, or do different prints on the inside and outside of the cubes – or you could mix it up and do each side a different pattern.
2. If you’d like, you can substitute a quilted block for one (or more!) of your panels – just make sure that the finished design is the same size as your other sides. I backed my pieced panel with flannel and quilted it.
3. Next, cut stiff interfacing to 6 inches by 6 inches.
4. Choose the four squares you’d like to use for the inside walls of the cube. Stitch each square together, right sides in, with a 0.5inch seam allowance. Once you’ve stitched all four together, stitch the two end blocks together. Press the seams open.
5. Repeat with your outer squares.
6. Affix the stiff interfacing between the 2 remaining squares according to the package directions.
7. Pin the inner sides to the bottom and stitch together, using a 0.5 inch seam allowance. Press the seams open.
8. Slide your tube of outer squares inside of the inner squares, right sides together. Your fabric print should be facing up. Pin in place and then sew together with a 0.5 inch seam allowance. Press the seams open.
9. Flip your fabric around so that the right side is facing the outside. Press the top seams down to being to form the cube.
10. Insert a piece of interfacing into each side of the cube and iron in place.
11. You should have 0.5 inch seams on the bottom of your outer fabric and on the sides of the base of the cube. Press these seams inward and then handstitch them closed using a hidden stitch.