Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
These pillows can be micro-waved for a few minutes before use. Loosely stuffing with flax seeds will make the pillows very pliable - perfect for wrapping around shoulders, knees, or wrists
1. Cut fabric to your desired length – at least 20 inches long for the large pillow, and 10 inches for the small. 8 – 9 inches is a good width. Fiskars Easy Action scissors make cutting easier.
2. Pin right sides together, and machine stitch all sides, leaving a small opening for turning and filling.
3. Turn right side out (use the stuffing tool from Fiskars Sew Taxi to make this step easier)
4. Fill with flax seeds (you can find these in the natural foods or bulk bin section of your grocery store) – you may find it easiest to use a funnel to pour the seeds into each pillow.
5. Stitch the opening closed. For extra strength, you may want to fold the ends and topstitch using a zig-zag stitch
6. To use, microwave until warm to the touch.
For even more soothing relief, you may want to add a few drops of essential oils or dried lavender to your pillow.