Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
Pick the right pattern and a fabric you love, and with a little time and effort, you’ll be creating a wearable item and there will be no looking back!
Make this beautiful dress for her to wear to the Easter Egg hunt. Just think of the photo opportunities to go along with it!
They can easily be made from scraps of fabric that you may have lying around. And when you’re done simply tuck them into clothing draws, closets or even a suitcase to enjoy.
1. Cut 3 - 2 inch by 5 inch strips of fabric using Rotary Cutter and Acrylic Ruler.
2. With two strips, place right sides facing in and stitch along length of one side .25 inch from edge.
3. Open seam and press flat.
4. Repeat Step 2, with third strip (right side facing in against one side of the already stitched piece. Open seam and press flat. You should now have 3 strips of fabric sewn together.
5. Cut a piece of coordinated fabric (blue dot) to match the size of the quilted piece ñ approximately 4.5 inch square.
6. Face right sides in and stitch around .25 inch from edge, leaving a 1.5 inch gap on one side.
7. Turn right side out, using the Sewing Multi Tool’s (Sew Taxi) Stuffing Tool to push out the corners.
8. Fill with lavender and hand stitch the opening closed. Stack 3 or more and tie with a ribbon.
1. Stitch together 12 strips of fabric, similar to what was done with the squares above.
2. Fold ends over twice .75 inch and stitch across.
3. Fold length in half with right sides facing in. Stitch around the three sides leaving the top open. Turn right side out.
4. Fill with lavender and tie with a ribbon.
Note: This sachet can be refilled again and again.
1. Use scraps of fabric and stitch together to create a 5 - 6 inch square. Start with the two pieces on the right. Stitch these together; open the seam to press flat; then stitch these to the fabric on the left and again open the seam and press flat.
2. Cut a piece of trim or ribbon to the height of the square and stitch it along the center.
3. Cut another piece of fabric to the same size of the square.
4. With the Heart Shape Template, trace the largest heart.
5. Pin the two pieces together with right sides out and stitch around the heart shape, leaving a 1.5 inch opening.
6. Fill the heart with Lavender and stitch closed the opening.
7. Use the Pinking Shears to trim around the heart shape .25 inch from the stitching.
Tips: To refresh them, simply toss them a bit to stir up the Lavender. You can also heat them up in the microwave for 10 seconds.
4 coordinated fabrics (less than one quarter yard each)
2 yards various trim or ribbon