August in the garden can be challenging for both gardeners and plants. Read more »
Extreme heat merits triage treatments Read more »
With a new school year on the horizon, it is time to refocus on our fall wardrobe. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
A new school year calls for a new set of accessories. Read more »
With school coming up, it is time to start planning and organizing. Read more »
This playful, quirky Christmas tree skirt brings a variety of whimsical colors to your holiday décor.
1. Take 1 yard of wool felt and cut it into a circle. Cut a second circle in the center, to create a ring. (For tips on cutting the felt into a circle see my Quilted Tree Skirt tutorial.)
2. Attach and sew bias tape to the outer and inner raw edges of the ring.
Here’s the outer edge:
And the inner edge:
3. Use the Fuse ornaments mini design set to cut multiple shapes from the assorted wool felt.
And I mean lots of shapes!
4. Add detail to a selection of the ornaments by sewing ric rac, ribbon or lace through the center for a decorative effect.
5. Position the ornaments on the tree skirt. Play around with the layout until you are satisfied.
6. Hold the ornaments in place with fabric spray adhesive or pins.
7. Sew the ornaments to the tree skirt. Use a bright thread and vary the stitches for a fun look.
1 yard of wool felt
Assorted scraps of wool felt
Ric rac and ribbon
Bias Tape (2 packages)
Fabric spray adhesive or pins