Are you thinking about the holidays and getting a living tree for Christmas? Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Whether it is your go-to bag for shopping or a gift for someone, this simple and chic crossbody purse is a great bag for everyday of the year.
1. From your two prints, cut one piece of fabric 8” x 5.5” and one piece 8” x 4” so that you have four cut pieces of fabric. This pencil pouch is designed to hold seven pencils. To adapt this design to your required dimensions, simply allow 1” for each pencil compartment and add 1” to accommodate ½” seam allowance on all sides.
2. With right sides facing, sew the two larger pieces of fabric together along the two short sides and one long side.
3. Repeat for the two smaller pieces of fabric.
4. Clip the corners and trim seam allowance.
5. Turn both pieces right sides out and press.
6. Sew the smaller fabric piece to the larger fabric piece with right sides facing, along the bottom raw edge. Pink raw edge to finish.
7. Flip the smaller piece of fabric to the inside of the pouch and pin in place.
Position a length of elastic between the two layers on one side and pin in place.
8. Topstitch all the way around the outer edge of the pouch, securing the inside flap and the elastic in place.
9. Sew lines every 1” to make the pencil compartments.
10. Stitch a button in place on the outside of the pouch.
2 cotton print fabrics (
Small piece of elastic