Keeping the garden tidy requires a few deft moves with the right tools, and, time and again over the seasons, shrub rakes are... Read more »
Entire books have been written on the science of making compost, but it isn’t as hard as people think. In five easy steps, you... Read more »
Weeding, pruning, and raking all make a huge difference in the appearance of a garden, but, to finish the job, you have to rou... Read more »
The Fiskars® aluminum shrub rake features a slim head with uniquely tapered tines that are perfect for reaching into tight spac... Read more »
Our Eco Bin Composter features an easy-to-assemble, easy-to-use design that can simplify and speed the composting process. It i... Read more »
Our HardShell® Kangaroo® Gardening Container is perfect for all your outdoor cleanup needs — whether you’re gathering yard and... Read more »
Are school fundraiser ideas keeping you up at night? A unique handmade art piece that represents your school is sure to be a p... Read more »
Creating beautiful and personal touches does not have to be difficult, especially when you have great designs to work with! Read more »
Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
Teresa Collins is a top craft celebrity who has been featured numerous times on My Craft Channel, HSN, QVC and DIY network, wel... Read more »
Our unique Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter features an innovative design that makes it easy to create tags perfect for gi... Read more »
By creating a few simple tags, you won’t be caught at the fabric store not knowing what fabrics or yardage you have in your st... Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Transform a simple hoodie into a super simple unicorn costume and take the stress and pressure out of making a complicated Hal... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Serrated Fabric Shears sense blade separation an... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
A personalized Duck Tape® crown is quick and easy to make with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors. It is a fun way to cele... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Creating a miniature collage with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors is a great way to use up any last bits of Duck Tape® yo... Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Designed for all-purpose cutting through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
See how easy it is to create these characters with Fiskars® Oval Shape Template and Fabric Shears.
1. Using the Oval Shape Template, use a fine tip marker to trace 2 - 2" x 2.5" ovals onto felt. This will be the body of the puppet. Depending on which animal you are making, cut with straight or scallop edged fabric shears. Use cream felt for the bunny, yellow for the chick and white for the lamb.
2. For each animal body, take one oval and trim a small curved section from the bottom. I used the template to trace the curve. This will make it easier for little fingers to slip the puppet into place.
3. Trace additional ovals onto coordinating felt using the smaller ovals on the template to create the following:
Note: narrow the bunny ear ovals by folding them in half along the length of the oval and trimming to create a more oblong shape.
4. Also, cut 2 strips of white felt to create the lambís legs; cover and glue the bottom of each leg with pieces of brown felt.
5. Cut a 1" x 1.5" piece of yellow felt to create the tuft on top of the chickís head. Fold in half, trim with Pinking Shears and cut sections to fringe.
6. Layer and glue the ear pieces together as well as the lambís legs and set aside.
7. Cut a small diamond shape from orange felt for the chickís beak. Stitch this with orange thread to the front oval where the face will be.
8. With embroidery thread, stitch the eyes (French knots) and noses for each animalís face.
9. Glue the lambís face to the front body oval.
10. For each puppet, position ears, wings, legs, fringe in place and pin in place.
11. Machine stitch around the body of the puppet, leaving open the area at the bottom.
12. Unpin and theyíre ready to enjoy!
Other suggestions: If you are having small children create this project, use glue instead of machine stitching. Also, use beads, craft googly eyes or fabric paint to create the faces.