Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
See how easy it is to create these characters with Fiskars® Oval Shape Template and Fabric Shears.
1. Using the Oval Shape Template, use a fine tip marker to trace 2 - 2" x 2.5" ovals onto felt. This will be the body of the puppet. Depending on which animal you are making, cut with straight or scallop edged fabric shears. Use cream felt for the bunny, yellow for the chick and white for the lamb.
2. For each animal body, take one oval and trim a small curved section from the bottom. I used the template to trace the curve. This will make it easier for little fingers to slip the puppet into place.
3. Trace additional ovals onto coordinating felt using the smaller ovals on the template to create the following:
Note: narrow the bunny ear ovals by folding them in half along the length of the oval and trimming to create a more oblong shape.
4. Also, cut 2 strips of white felt to create the lambís legs; cover and glue the bottom of each leg with pieces of brown felt.
5. Cut a 1" x 1.5" piece of yellow felt to create the tuft on top of the chickís head. Fold in half, trim with Pinking Shears and cut sections to fringe.
6. Layer and glue the ear pieces together as well as the lambís legs and set aside.
7. Cut a small diamond shape from orange felt for the chickís beak. Stitch this with orange thread to the front oval where the face will be.
8. With embroidery thread, stitch the eyes (French knots) and noses for each animalís face.
9. Glue the lambís face to the front body oval.
10. For each puppet, position ears, wings, legs, fringe in place and pin in place.
11. Machine stitch around the body of the puppet, leaving open the area at the bottom.
12. Unpin and theyíre ready to enjoy!
Other suggestions: If you are having small children create this project, use glue instead of machine stitching. Also, use beads, craft googly eyes or fabric paint to create the faces.