If you are building a new home or simply want to update your current home, start outside with curb appeal. Read more »
Here comes the bride — and the groom, the bridesmaids, and the groomsmen – plan ahead, practice a little, and then enjoy bring... Read more »
When you’re filling out your wish-list of wedding gifts, don’t forget to include supplies for the garden shed. With the right... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear2™ Pruner, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear2™ Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techn... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear2™ Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented-pending tec... Read more »
Making your own wedding invites and thank you cards is a delightful task when you a few versatile tools and simple techniques... Read more »
Nothing adds a special touch to a wedding like a handmade item. Read more »
Create a beautiful setting for your post-wedding brunch. Using these Fiskars tools will make the project even easier. Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Our unique Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter features an innovative design that makes it easy to create tags perfect for gi... Read more »
Choose our low-maintenance Photo Bypass Paper Trimmer to trim large quantities of photos with speed and precision. An easy-to-u... Read more »
Give your small outdoor space a mini makeover using a few simple tools to complete these fabulous projects. Read more »
Window treatments can turn a room from drab to fab, but if you’re on a budget sometimes hand-me-down curtains will have to do,... Read more »
If you’re not ready to fully embrace the trend for bold 70’s prints in your clothing, why not reflect it with a gloriously lou... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through fabric, our RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears feature... Read more »
Our Classic Stick Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade is ideal for crisp, controlled cuts on a wide variety of materials. A symmet... Read more »
Make clean up time a fun game for the kids! It becomes really easy for toddlers and preschoolers to match their toys to their... Read more »
Funny Face Magnet Gift Wrap is simple to make and quite literally gives each gift magnetic personality. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The most common complaint I hear when traveling is about soil quality for growing veggies. It may be too sandy, full of clay... Read more »
Creating a customized look is easier than you think - even when it comes to sewing up larger items such as this duvet cover an... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
Whether it is your go-to bag for shopping or a gift for someone, this simple and chic crossbody purse is a great bag for everyday of the year.
For this Halloween Mini Quilt, I used the Fiskars Circle and Oval Shape Templates to design this cute felt trio of kooky characters. With the template I’ve created and Fiskars Sewing Tools you can put this seasonal project together in no time.
1. Use the template provided to trace and cut shapes from felt for each character and set aside
2. Using the Rotary Cutter and Acrylic Ruler, cut 4-purple and 2-black 6” fabric squares.
3. Also cut 3 - 2.5 inch x 6 inch strips – 2-purple and 1-black
4. Stitch together a set of 3 squares alternating the colors to create the front of the mini quilt. Then do this again to create the back. Press seams flat for both front and back pieces.
5. Take the felt shapes and pin in place in the center of each square. Then using a blanket stitch, stitch around the felt with color coordinated embroidery thread.
6. Once the felt is stitched on, add buttons to eyes and skully’s face.
7. Cut batting .25 inch less (on all sides) less than front piece of quilt.
8. Place quilt front face down and place batting on top. Pin in place.
9. Machine stitch on the front around each of the character shapes. Remove pins.
10. Fold 6 inch strips in half by length with right sides in and stitch along length to create a small tube.
11. Use the safety pin inside the Sewing Multi Tool to assist in turning out the tube. Pin the edge of one end, then feed the pin through the tube gently pulling until the tube is right side out. Press flat with an iron – seam in the center. This will be the back of the flattened tube and won’t be seen.
12. Layer the front and back pieces together with right sides facing in. Fold the fabric strips in half to create tabs. Position the finished tabs on the inside with the raw ends on the outside of the quilt and pin in place. Pin the rest of the quilt in place to prevent movement.
13. Stitch around the quilt reinforcing both the beginning and end with a backstitch. Leave a 3 inch opening along the bottom for turning out the quilt.
14. Turn out the quilt and use the Stuffing Tool attachment on the Sewing Multi Tool to neatly push out corners.
15. Press the edges only (not the felt) of the turned out piece.
16. Pin along edges if needed and stitch around each square .0625 inch from the edge.
17. Add buttons to the bottom of each tab for embellishment.
Note: This is a super simple mini quilt that can be expanded to be 6, 9 or more squares. It can be made as home décor or with more durable materials as an outdoor garden flag.
.125 yard of black and purple fabric