Did you know that Christmas trees are harvested several months before they even make it to the tree lot around Thanksgiving ti... Read more »
Are you thinking about the holidays and getting a living tree for Christmas? Read more »
Whether it’s chopping, kindling or splitting firewood for a campfire, there are times when an axe comes in handy. Ask yourself... Read more »
The Fiskars® aluminum shrub rake features a slim head with uniquely tapered tines that are perfect for reaching into tight spac... Read more »
Our Eco Bin Composter features an easy-to-assemble, easy-to-use design that can simplify and speed the composting process. It i... Read more »
Our HardShell® Kangaroo® Gardening Container is perfect for all your outdoor cleanup needs — whether you’re gathering yard and... Read more »
Teresa Collins is a top craft celebrity who has been featured numerous times on My Craft Channel, HSN, QVC and DIY network, wel... Read more »
Our unique Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter features an innovative design that makes it easy to create tags perfect for gi... Read more »
Looking to give a second life to some old clothing. Here are a few ideas to get you started. Read more »
By creating a few simple tags, you won’t be caught at the fabric store not knowing what fabrics or yardage you have in your st... Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Serrated Fabric Shears sense blade separation an... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
The holidays are a popular time to stop and thank teachers and all of the wonderful staff at school for all they do. Read more »
Encourage children to help make gifts this holiday season with these kid-friendly projects. Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Creating a miniature collage with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors is a great way to use up any last bits of Duck Tape® yo... Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Designed for all-purpose cutting through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
Whether it is your go-to bag for shopping or a gift for someone, this simple and chic crossbody purse is a great bag for everyday of the year.
Creating a rag quilted project like this pillow is a great way to recycle/repurpose clothing and create a fun project too.
1. Choose a pillow form (20 inches square) and draw a grid on paper to plan out the design. You can do a basic 9 piece grid or you can design different sized patches for a more unique arrangement – this one has 13 patches of various sizes arranged in 4 rows.
2. Choose 12-14 t-shirts that you would repurpose to create a fun pillow.
3. Once you determine the size of the patches for your pillow, add 2 inches to each fabric patch. For example, for the 5 inch squares, cut the fabric into 7 inch squares (front and back pieces). This will give a 1 inch border to fringe on each side of each patch.
4. Now cut each piece of batting to the original patch size in your design– 5 inch square batting for the 7 inch fabric squares. Sandwich the batting in the center of the 2 fabric pieces for each patch. Pin the squares and batting in place.
5. Next, quilt each patch as you wish. You can do a simple X in the center of each patch or outline designs on the fabric or stitch waves and other designs. Be sure that the quilt stitching stays within 1 inch from the border on all sides. Thread loose thread ends to the back of the patches and trim off excess.
6. Once all the patches are sandwiched and quilted, start joining them to create rows. Place back sides together and pin edges to prepare for a 1 inch seam. Stitch along the edge leaving a 1 inch space at each end. Remember, the seams will show on the top side so that it can later be fringed for that rag quilt effect. Build the row by adding each patch one at a time.
7. When you’ve completed each row for your pillow, start joining the rows together. Again, position them with back sides together, pin and stitch across – this stitching will meet with the seam stitching you did earlier when creating rows.
8. From other fabric cut a back for the pillow to the same size as the front piece. Or if you want both sides of the pillow to be rag quilted, then you can repeat the process for the back as well.
9. Next, pin them together (right sides out) and stitch a 1 inch seam around the outside, leaving an opening on one side (the bottom) that will be large enough to fit the pillow form.
10. Put the pillow form inside the quilted pillow and pin the opening closed. Stitch this closed.
11. To give the pillow the “rag” effect, use a sharp pair of scissors/shears and fringe the seams around each patch as well as the outside edge. Take your time and avoid getting too close to the seam stitching.
When you’re done fringing the seams, shake out any excess lint, fluff up the fringes and the pillow is ready to enjoy!
Pillow form (20 inches square), quilt batting and several t-shirts