Edibles with Ease: When to Get Growing from Seeds or from Starts? Read more »
In my side yard which is mostly shade, I have tried a variety of perennials that thrive in a woodland setting. Read more »
Make your garden even more welcoming to birds and butterflies: turn it into a certified wildlife habitat. Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Keep your lawn and your shoes clean and free of clippings by adding our innovative, sturdy Grass Catcher to your StaySharp™ Ree... Read more »
The Salsa Rain Barrel System makes it easy to collect up to 58 gallons of water for your garden and lawn. Our rain barrel is ma... Read more »
Make the most of National Craft Month by preparing some craft kits for your children - let them explore color, texture and dif... Read more »
This is the second how-to in a series focused on getting the most out of your basic paper punches. Read more »
Spring brings in the most wonderful colors and here is a fun way to add a touch of color to your gifts! Read more »
Our ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer features a unique dual-rail system that stabilizes the rotary blade, eliminating wiggle fo... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
My idea is to show everyone that they can make something cute and fashionable without spending a lot of money. Read more »
Embellishing a plain shirt using a reverse appliqué technique is easy - and your kids will love their personalized outfit! Read more »
This year, it seems like spring is way overdue at our house. Read more »
Perfect for tight, precise cuts, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force the blades back togethe... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for users with larger hands or anyone who needs to make long cuts through multiple layers, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabr... Read more »
I always look forward to school being out for the summer (more so than my children, probably!) and the change of pace means we... Read more »
This fun project is a great way to send a little love note to your child. These lunchbox notes can be slipped into a backpack... Read more »
Here is a fun craft for St. Patrick’s Day that is not only adorable, it makes kids stop and think about how lucky they are. Read more »
Children love our Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the handle that’s shiny, bright and smooth, not “sticky” or “bumpy.” Teachers and... Read more »
Our Big Kids Scissors take the basic design of our teacher-recommended Kids Scissors and enlarge them for kids that are a littl... Read more »
Our Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those older children who ar... Read more »
Introduced to the world as a quality fabric scissors, the Original Orange-Handled Scissors redefined the standard for cutting p... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Super Pruner/Lopper, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear... Read more »
Our Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter with a 45 mm blade makes cutting a wide variety of quilting materials comfortable and easy. A cu... Read more »
Pick the right pattern and a fabric you love, and with a little time and effort, you’ll be creating a wearable item and there will be no looking back!
Make this beautiful dress for her to wear to the Easter Egg hunt. Just think of the photo opportunities to go along with it!
It was just the tool to cut out the bold designs on the fabric I’d chosen and it made quick work of cutting the fringed trim.
1. Check that the extra large women’s tee will overlap the small pillow form size by 3-4 inches on all sides. This extra material will become the fringe trim. With the Rotary Cutter, trim off the top portion of the tee. Also remove the bottom finished edge and side seams from the tee with the Rotary Cutter. Set tee material aside.
2. Again use the Rotary Cutter to cut out several large designs from the fabric you’ve chosen. I held my small 28mm Stick Rotary Cutter like a pencil to cut out the girly themed shapes. The small design made small curves and corners easy to cut. Don’t worry about the fraying as the pieces will be fine once they’re stitched onto the tee material.
3. Plan out how the pieces will be positioned on the front tee layer of material. Take into account the 3-4 inch border around the rectangle, then pin each piece. I pinned 2 at a time, then machine stitched around the shape 3 times with black thread. Once these were done, I pinned additional pieces and stitched these as well. No need to be super neat, but be sure the edges of the cut outs are secure and remember to back stitch at the beginning and end.
4. Once all the decorative cut out pieces have been stitched, match up the front and back tee layers. Use the Rotary Cutter again to cut a fringe edge around the pillow. To align corners, press and flatten the pillow with your hands. Remove the corner square and discard. Cut fringe pieces about .5 inch apart and 3 – 4 inches deep. The tee material may curl a bit.
5. Separate the layers and place the pillow on top of the bottom layer. Lay the top layer on top of the pillow and adjust to align. Start at the corners and begin tying knots working from the corners out in each direction to get started. Take your time and be sure that each piece is matched with the corresponding fringe piece. Once all the knots are tied, the pillow is ready to use and enjoy!
extra large (women’s) t-shirt (neutral color)
1/2 – 1 yard of large print fabric (recommend pattern with large designs to cut out); small pillow form (11 inches by 15 inches)