Keeping the garden tidy requires a few deft moves with the right tools, and, time and again over the seasons, shrub rakes are... Read more »
Entire books have been written on the science of making compost, but it isn’t as hard as people think. In five easy steps, you... Read more »
Weeding, pruning, and raking all make a huge difference in the appearance of a garden, but, to finish the job, you have to rou... Read more »
The Fiskars® aluminum shrub rake features a slim head with uniquely tapered tines that are perfect for reaching into tight spac... Read more »
Our Eco Bin Composter features an easy-to-assemble, easy-to-use design that can simplify and speed the composting process. It i... Read more »
Our HardShell® Kangaroo® Gardening Container is perfect for all your outdoor cleanup needs — whether you’re gathering yard and... Read more »
Are school fundraiser ideas keeping you up at night? A unique handmade art piece that represents your school is sure to be a p... Read more »
Creating beautiful and personal touches does not have to be difficult, especially when you have great designs to work with! Read more »
Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
Teresa Collins is a top craft celebrity who has been featured numerous times on My Craft Channel, HSN, QVC and DIY network, wel... Read more »
Our unique Tag Maker with Built-in Eyelet Setter features an innovative design that makes it easy to create tags perfect for gi... Read more »
By creating a few simple tags, you won’t be caught at the fabric store not knowing what fabrics or yardage you have in your st... Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Transform a simple hoodie into a super simple unicorn costume and take the stress and pressure out of making a complicated Hal... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Serrated Fabric Shears sense blade separation an... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of crafting and mixed media tasks, our Amplify® Mixed Media Shears sense blade separation and force th... Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
A personalized Duck Tape® crown is quick and easy to make with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors. It is a fun way to cele... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Creating a miniature collage with your Fiskars® Duck® Edition Scissors is a great way to use up any last bits of Duck Tape® yo... Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Designed for all-purpose cutting through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through a range of craft materials that incorporate glue, tape and other sticky adhesives, our... Read more »
It was just the tool to cut out the bold designs on the fabric I’d chosen and it made quick work of cutting the fringed trim.
1. Check that the extra large women’s tee will overlap the small pillow form size by 3-4 inches on all sides. This extra material will become the fringe trim. With the Rotary Cutter, trim off the top portion of the tee. Also remove the bottom finished edge and side seams from the tee with the Rotary Cutter. Set tee material aside.
2. Again use the Rotary Cutter to cut out several large designs from the fabric you’ve chosen. I held my small 28mm Stick Rotary Cutter like a pencil to cut out the girly themed shapes. The small design made small curves and corners easy to cut. Don’t worry about the fraying as the pieces will be fine once they’re stitched onto the tee material.
3. Plan out how the pieces will be positioned on the front tee layer of material. Take into account the 3-4 inch border around the rectangle, then pin each piece. I pinned 2 at a time, then machine stitched around the shape 3 times with black thread. Once these were done, I pinned additional pieces and stitched these as well. No need to be super neat, but be sure the edges of the cut outs are secure and remember to back stitch at the beginning and end.
4. Once all the decorative cut out pieces have been stitched, match up the front and back tee layers. Use the Rotary Cutter again to cut a fringe edge around the pillow. To align corners, press and flatten the pillow with your hands. Remove the corner square and discard. Cut fringe pieces about .5 inch apart and 3 – 4 inches deep. The tee material may curl a bit.
5. Separate the layers and place the pillow on top of the bottom layer. Lay the top layer on top of the pillow and adjust to align. Start at the corners and begin tying knots working from the corners out in each direction to get started. Take your time and be sure that each piece is matched with the corresponding fringe piece. Once all the knots are tied, the pillow is ready to use and enjoy!
extra large (women’s) t-shirt (neutral color)
1/2 – 1 yard of large print fabric (recommend pattern with large designs to cut out); small pillow form (11 inches by 15 inches)