Imagine being able to pick fresh lemons, limes and oranges right from your patio! Read more »
Cutting overgrown grasses by more than an inch or two at a time can create unhealthy brown and bald spots in your lawn – or ev... Read more »
Kids are eager gardeners. They love to experiment with colorful flowers, have an adventurous sense of design, and getting dirt... Read more »
Our Shear Ease® Grass Shears include a patented mechanism that prevents the blades from jamming or sticking when you’re trimmin... Read more »
The first time you try our PowerGear® Hedge Shears, you’ll be amazed — but it’s not magic, it’s gears. Our patented gear techno... Read more »
Our Easy-Pour Watering Can offers both capacity and control. The 2.6-gallon volume holds a generous amount of water that is eas... Read more »
Put your crafting skills to work and create a beautiful and unique fascinator that reflects your personal style. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
Mosaic tile frames are a beautiful way to display photos. Read more »
Designed for long, easy cuts down strips of Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that preve... Read more »
Add distinctive style to craft projects of all kinds with a Squeeze Punch that makes every embellishment up to 2X easier to pun... Read more »
Designed for tight, precise cuts through Duck® Tape, our Duck® Edition Detail Scissors feature a non-stick blade coating that p... Read more »
A colorful, roomy bag is just the thing you need to carry all your belongings for a day at the beach. Read more »
Keep the kids busy on a road trip with their own art bag full of inspiration and the essentials. Read more »
This easy pillowcase dress looks adorable with pretty fabrics. Plus, it is super simple to put together, even if you have not... Read more »
Only our Stitcher Scissors provide precision and control that meet the needs of the most demanding sewers and quilters. Micro-T... Read more »
Our Seamstress Scissors are the perfect all-purpose scissors for anyone who cuts fabric frequently. The smooth action of these... Read more »
Choose our Dressmaker Shears for long, smooth cuts through multiple layers of medium to heavy fabrics. Extra-long blades maximi... Read more »
Looking for a sure cure for bored kids - make sparkly sea creatures! Read more »
Open-ended activities like this Busy Book can keep kids occupied in the back seat of a car AND spark fun family conversations! Read more »
It doesn’t take much to turn an everyday snack into something a little extra special. It is great to see how quickly you can a... Read more »
Our Preschool Training Scissors features a special training lever that opens the blades after each cut, helping children learn... Read more »
Children love our Designer Non-stick Blunt-tip Kids Scissors for the colorful handle patterns that make cutting fun and the non... Read more »
Our Designer Non-stick Student Scissors are larger than our Kids Scissors but smaller than adult scissors, perfect for those ol... Read more »
The beautiful mood lighting of lanterns at outdoor gatherings is fabulous, so why not craft up a set to use this summer. Read more »
Treat your children to their own special tent hideaway, then stand back and watch as the fun and adventures begin! Read more »
Make a thoughtful gift for someone this summer! Read more »
The StaySharp™ Max Reel Mower combines patent-pending technology with superior ergonomics to deliver best-in-class cutting perf... Read more »
Great for beginners, the unique design of this tool makes cutting perfect shapes from fabric a breeze — since you’re not managi... Read more »
Perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting tasks, our Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears sense blade separation and force t... Read more »
It was just the tool to cut out the bold designs on the fabric I’d chosen and it made quick work of cutting the fringed trim.
1. Check that the extra large women’s tee will overlap the small pillow form size by 3-4 inches on all sides. This extra material will become the fringe trim. With the Rotary Cutter, trim off the top portion of the tee. Also remove the bottom finished edge and side seams from the tee with the Rotary Cutter. Set tee material aside.
2. Again use the Rotary Cutter to cut out several large designs from the fabric you’ve chosen. I held my small 28mm Stick Rotary Cutter like a pencil to cut out the girly themed shapes. The small design made small curves and corners easy to cut. Don’t worry about the fraying as the pieces will be fine once they’re stitched onto the tee material.
3. Plan out how the pieces will be positioned on the front tee layer of material. Take into account the 3-4 inch border around the rectangle, then pin each piece. I pinned 2 at a time, then machine stitched around the shape 3 times with black thread. Once these were done, I pinned additional pieces and stitched these as well. No need to be super neat, but be sure the edges of the cut outs are secure and remember to back stitch at the beginning and end.
4. Once all the decorative cut out pieces have been stitched, match up the front and back tee layers. Use the Rotary Cutter again to cut a fringe edge around the pillow. To align corners, press and flatten the pillow with your hands. Remove the corner square and discard. Cut fringe pieces about .5 inch apart and 3 – 4 inches deep. The tee material may curl a bit.
5. Separate the layers and place the pillow on top of the bottom layer. Lay the top layer on top of the pillow and adjust to align. Start at the corners and begin tying knots working from the corners out in each direction to get started. Take your time and be sure that each piece is matched with the corresponding fringe piece. Once all the knots are tied, the pillow is ready to use and enjoy!
extra large (women’s) t-shirt (neutral color)
1/2 – 1 yard of large print fabric (recommend pattern with large designs to cut out); small pillow form (11 inches by 15 inches)