Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts Read more »
A brocade drawstring pouch can be a beautiful and luxurious accessory or gift. Read more »
Try some new punches out and make some cards to celebrate World Card Making Day! Read more »
Transform a basic jacket into something personal and unique. Read more »
Create a simple reusable calendar to plan all of your back to school activities. Read more »
Pick the right pattern and a fabric you love, and with a little time and effort, you’ll be creating a wearable item and there will be no looking back!
1. Download the Date Night Dress by April Rhodes. Print the pattern on your home computer and tape the individual pages together with washi tape. Cut out your required size.
2. Lay your pre-washed fabric on your cutting surface and pin the three pattern pieces to the fabric. Cut around the pattern pieces, taking care to cut out the notches where marked.
3. In addition to the pattern pieces, you will also need a length of bias cut fabric for the neckband. Use the marked lines on the cutting mat to help you cut the correct angle.
4. Transfer the pleat markings on the back pattern piece to the fabric, using a dressmaker’s pencil or air erasable marker.
5. Create the box pleat in the back pattern piece, by sewing along the two marked lines with right sides together.
6. Sew the dress front and back pieces together at the shoulder seams using a French Seam to hide the raw edges of the seam allowance.
7. Finish the edges of the sleeves by turning the fabric to the wrong side and pressing with an iron. Turn to the wrong side again, to conceal the raw edge. Press, pin and sew in place.
8. Sew sleeves to dress, matching the center notch on the sleeve piece with the shoulder seam. Sew side seams with a French Seam.
9. Finish the neckline of the dress by stitching the bias cut fabric strip around the neck. Press to the inside, fold up the raw edge to conceal, pin and sew in place.
10. To finish, try on the dress and determine where you want the hem to fall. Pin, press then sew the hem.
Pattern - Date Night Dress pattern by April Rhodes
Fabric (according to pattern requirements)
Iron and Ironing Board
Washi Tape, to assemble the pattern