August in the garden can be challenging for both gardeners and plants. Read more »
Extreme heat merits triage treatments Read more »
With a new school year on the horizon, it is time to refocus on our fall wardrobe. Read more »
“Painting” with tissue paper is not only fun but beautiful! Read more »
A new school year calls for a new set of accessories. Read more »
With school coming up, it is time to start planning and organizing. Read more »
I’m fortunate that my office dress code is casual enough to allow for flip flops! So close to barefoot!
I wanted to dress up a pair of plain flip flops to make them just a tad cuter for 9-5. I used Fiskars tools, a few strips of fabric, and my hot glue gun to create these fun coiled flowers. They’re the perfect embellishment for a simple pair of pink flip flops!
These flowers are really the easiest that I’ve found on the web (there are TONS of tutorials for fabric flowers out there!). Follow these instructions to make your own simple fabric flower accents.
1. Create a base circle from foam using the 2” Fiskars circle template and the Fiskars Retractable Fingertip Craft knife.
2. Cut strips of fabric using the Fiskars Comfort Grip Rotary Cutter. It’s not necessary to measure exactly…these strips were approximately an inch wide.
3. Put a dot of hot glue in the center of the foam circle.
4. Adhere one end of the fabric strip. Twist the length of fabric around itself (it would also be super cute to use braided fabric for this project!).
5. Coil the rolled fabric around the foam circle, adding hot glue as you go.
6. Tuck the end under the flower, adding another touch of hot glue.
7. Add a button to the center of your flower.
8. Adhere to your flip flop strap using a safety pin.