Are your kids at camp? Let them know you’re missing them while they’re away by crafting this cute little card.
Handmade Cards for Your Little Campers
By Laurie Cinotto
- Titanium Nitride coating resists wear, scratches, and corrosion
- Softgrip® contoured handles for superior grip and comfort
- Multi-purpose cutting
- Precision ground, hardened stainless steel blades
- Premier 8" Softgrip® Titanium Straight Scissors
- Ideal for all your scrapbook page trimming needs
- Built-in LEDs provide an illuminated cut-line for perfectly aligned cuts and last a lifetime
- Light turns off after approximately two minutes of inactivity to save batteries
- Folds in half for easy transport and storage
- Permanent scale and grid cutting mat is printed from underneath to last
- 1/16" gridlines provide an additional guide for precise measuring
- Expanded cut rail with integrated smudge guard holds paper or photos in place without fingerprints
- Cutting bar protects blade edge and can be rotated four times for a long-lasting cutting surface
- Rubberized feet provide stability
- Works with 28 mm rotary blades, style F
- Decorative blades available
- Rotary blade cuts multiple sheets of paper without tearing or fanning
- 12" cut length
- Includes three AA batteries
- Lifetime warranty
- LED SureCut™ Lighted Folding Rotary Paper Trimmer (12")
- Ideal for turning corners on homemade cards, scrapbook pages, collages and much more
- Open head lets you see exactly where you are punching to eliminate mistakes
- Easy-to-squeeze design makes it ideal for extended use
- Ergonomic handles provide comfort and control for mistake-free results
- Nests with other punches for compact, convenient storage
- Printed shape provides easy identification to help you find the punch you’re looking for quickly
- For use with 65-lb. cardstock or lower
- Lifetime warranty
- Corner Squeeze Punch (1/4" Round)
- 12" x 18" mat is easy to transport, easy to store and perfect for anyone who has limited fabric-cutting space
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Small (12" x 18")
Choose a folding trimmer with an illuminated cut-line for portable precision.
Turn corners with a punch that’s easy to squeeze!
Compact cutting mat is perfect when space is at a premium.
Wood grain cardstock
Craft foam in white and gray tones
Red tissue paper
Adhesive foam dots
Sleep-away camp is filled with fun, but it can be a difficult time too when kids struggle with homesickness. Taking a little time to craft a card and send a little note from home letting them know they are missed can work wonders to lift spirits.
The color palette and textures chosen for this project can be very “vintage cabin” inspired.
1. Use your Fiskars LED SureCut paper trimmer to cut an 8” x 6” piece of heavy white cardstock. Fold in half, and crease the fold.
2. Cut a 3.5” x 5.5” piece of wood grain paper. Then round the corners with your scissors or ¼ Corner Round Squeeze Punch.
3. Cut a band of coordinating patterned paper measuring 2.5” x 3.5”.
4. Glue the wood grain paper to the card base and the band to the wood grain paper as pictured.
5. Print out the sentiment “I COULDN’T POSSIBLY MISS YOU ANY S’MORE THAN I DO” on heavy white cardstock. Cut it out using your paper trimmer, and mount it on a slightly larger scrap of plaid paper. Glue in the upper section of the card base.
6. Use your favorite crafting scissors to cut out several “rocks” from craft foam sheets in shades of gray.
7. Cut some tiny logs for your fire from the wood grain paper.
8. Cut a thin branch from the wood grain paper and a marshmallow from a white craft foam sheet. Attach your marshmallow to the branch with an adhesive foam dot.
9. Cut a few flames for the fire from red tissue paper.
10. Build your “fire pit” by attaching the rocks to the card with adhesive foam dots. Criss-cross the logs in the center of the pit and attach with foam dots.
11. Glue in the flames.
12. And add your toasting marshmallow and branch.