Children’s Clothing Series: Little Girl’s Blouse and Skirt
By Emma Jeffery
- Extra-large mat provides ample space for all your fabric-cutting needs
- Self-healing mat provides a cutting surface that lasts longer than others
- Easy-to-read measuring grid on both sides means you can turn the mat over for double the usage
- 30-, 45- and 60-degree bias lines make creating triangle and star shapes easy
- Store flat away from sunlight, heat and cold
- Clean with warm water and mild soap
- Lifetime warranty
- Self Healing Cutting Mat: Large (24" x 36")
- Ideal for cutting a wide variety of material including silk, denim and multiple layers of fabric
- Proprietary blade grinding technique provides a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Specially formulated Swedish stainless steel blades will not rust or dull
- Innovative blade design provides superior cutting performance with less force
- Ergonomic handles are sculpted to fit your hand, maximizing comfort, sensitivity and control
- Length: 8"
- Proudly made in Finland based on a 360-year tradition of craftsmanship
- Lifetime warranty
- Seamstress Scissors (8")
- Ideal for cutting in tight spaces and detailed cuts through fabrics like silk, oil cloth, light leather, polyester, cotton, crepe, felt and much more
- RazorEdge™ Shears feature ultra-sharp, premium-grade stainless-steel blades with a precisely honed edge that glides through fabric for clean cuts all the way to the tip
- Unique handle shape lets you lay fabric flat and minimizes lifting while you work for more accurate tabletop cutting
- Sliding lever locks blades into position to pop out stitches quickly and easily
- Advanced pivot design delivers our smoothest cutting action ever
- Length: 5"
- Lifetime warranty
- RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears/Seam Ripper for Tabletop Cutting (5")
Extra-large mat give you plenty of room to work.
Choose the premium performance scissors to perfect your art.
Out of Stock
Designed for clean, crisp cuts when cutting details in fabric, these premium fabric shears feature ultra-sharp blades,a unique handle shape for more accurate tabletop cutting and a built-in seam ripper.
Ayashe Pattern by Figgy’s Patterns
Fabric (according to pattern requirements)
Tracing paper or freezer paper and pencil for transferring pattern
This pattern is for two items of clothing - the skirt and the blouse. As the directions state, I began with the blouse though you could, of course, start with the skirt. I prefer to transfer my purchased patterns onto tracing paper so that the original patterns remain intact. This means that I can reuse the pattern over and over again in all sizes as my little one grows.
I added 2” extra in length to the blouse because my daughter has a long torso. Check your measurements and adjust accordingly, too.
The blouse sews up in no time and I love the beautiful yoke that hides the seam allowances. It gives the garment a professional finish.
You have the option for long or short sleeves. I chose short sleeves in this instance, but this would also make a gorgeous fall/winter blouse with longer sleeves.
The blouse can be finished with a drawstring or an elastic casing. I really like patterns that give you options like this. It gives the seamstress room for easily changing things up and switching the designs around. I finished this blouse with an elastic casing this time.
For the skirt, I chose to use a light-weight denim. As with the blouse, I transferred my pattern to tracing paper and used that to cut my fabric. The skirt has two front pockets. Another time, I’d like to line the pockets with contrasting fabric.
There are adorable pleats around the skirt which adds to the fullness when worn. If you have never tried sewing pleats before, this is a great beginner project for you. It sometimes helps to baste your pleats by sewing a long, loose stitch before sewing.
I finished my seams on my serger, but you could also use some of the different seam finished helpfully outlined in the glossary at the back of the pattern.
This little outfit can be sewn up in no time and with its added cuteness factor, will be worn over and over again!